Chapter 2

Teju's Pov

Cell Phone Rings

I looked at the caller id and prepared the words to say to my cousin in my head,

Hello Tomide,
She screamed into the phone, like I knew she would,
'What exactly do you think you are doing in my house,Teju, you know I don't joke with that place. I mean imagine my surprise when Sophie called me and told me, you collected my key from her.

TJ, Good morning to you too, look I know all that, but, well I needed space to be alone and since you are married, your condo was the first place that came to my mind'..I said knowing that she would understand..I made my voice sound so dull so she would fall for my scheme

I was surprised when I heard her laughing,
"Olodo, did you really think I would fall for that plan, see bros, Today you have to move.

'What, TJ please, I need a...

'Abeg, she cut me off, You remember that event mum has been telling you about, you are going today to represent me, so prepare, drag those your friends, You guys need to have fun and socialize..But please, Wear your Armani Suit and represent me and then I will listen to your story and give you a secluded place...

I sighed deeply, you couldn't argue with your cousin, especially when she happens to be your boss

Anyways, she said breaking my train of thoughts, don't forget I am always here for you should you need someone to discuss with.

Thanks TJ...What is the theme color

Ohh , I forgot, A touch of black,
Bye Have Fun,.

(Sighs deeply)
'I should have known TJ would get something from this, but I have to get ready if I am going to make it to the Laura James VIP social party.

Late in the Afternoon

Guys, where the heck are you, this is 3:45, you know we have to drive for about 2 hours especially with Lagos traffic..I told them

Tolu and Daniel have been my best friends for a very long time, We met when we were quite young at the same school and since then three was nos sperating us, especially since we all went to school at Oxford and graduated with good grades. Now they were both self made millonaire's but they never accepted it, they always wanted more money and that's why now they were both delaying me.

Look, you guys better get here before 5, if TJ finds out we are so dead'.

Tolu snickered'' We are on our way just give us a little time and we will be there.

'Besides why are you fidgeting, you know TJ won't do anything if we go late, Daniel Said..

'Oh good, then we are putting the whole blame on you '.

'What no o, please guy, I was just joking, , who am I, please guy ,keep your mouth shut.

Tolu started laughing so hard  'So you mean you are scared of a woman Daniel, You the Okorocha of Chi village.

Shut up Tolu, I am not scared of her, I just respect her and Sometimes She's terrifying and She's also a Billionaire, a billionaire that pays billionaires salaries.

I rolled my eyes at that, 'Both of you shut up and drive'.
I dropped my phone, knowing they would both get here late and probably without eating, I decided to make Bolognese Spaghetti with Fried Chicken.

Tolu and Samuel arrived around 4:30 and we were all ready to go at 5:30.
After about 3hours on the road, We finally got there and were taken to the VVIP table. After 30minutes, I finally understood why TJ sent us, the VIP social party was really boring, the gardens were beautiful, but the programs and people there were all the same, rich, proud, rude, ambitious, title sucking women, jealous millonaire's in the making. He noticed it was beginning to bore his friends as well, they had enjoyed the show of ladies, but now reading their faces they were bored.

'Guys, how about we do something different tonight, Daniel said
'Like what...Tolu instantly replied.

We could spike everyone's drink like we did while on campus..mmm
We all laughed at the memory, Putting strong alcohol in the tea during a tea party we were forced to attend, had everyone dancing wild and spilling secrets.

'Nah we can't do that here I said, just imagine someone here has three women he has slept with and his wife is still waiting at home, that would be disastrous.

'Sighing at the same time.

'I should sue your cousin for telling us to come here and'

'Guys, guys, Look at the table at the back, Tolu said'.

'Which table?

'The one after the VVIP section, where about 5-6 girls are seated.

'Shh, they are ladies not girls, I said.

Whatever, He continued ,We could play a game.

:Grunts from both me and Daniel had him giving us his signature #WHAT# ook.

'Well, okay no games but at least we could invite someone to our table and become acquainted with the Lady.

'Okay , that would be nice, I said, but someone interesting not ladies that have nothing useful to say. Daniel added.

'Okay, I could go and meet them and see which one is quite sensible, at least they must have one. He said looking over to the tables around us table,  which made me look at the table with those ladies, and I kept on staring at one in particular till she turned, and she met my eyes
She looked at me and around me and just went back to what she was doing.

'Wait, did she not recognize me, she did not smile or wave or blush, she just looked away'.

'Wait how would you know they are sensible?..Daniel brought my attention back to the table.

I think I know, I said,
1.Ladies that don't flip or touch their hair while you talk to them.
2.Ladies that don't look at your finger.
3.Ladies that are not overly dressed.
4.Ladies that have no bad breath please , this party is bad enough.
5.Ladies that don't know who Is Amin is, Daniel added.

What has Idi Amin got to do with this?Tolu asked?
'The guy was a badass dictator, very popular because of his cannibalistic appetite, everyone should know that or at least they shouldhave heard of his name.

'Really, I asked, Cannibal, you want to send the girl away?

'Okay what about Hitler?

'Shut up Daniel, Everyone spread out, it's time to kill boredom.I bet you O, Tolulope Animashaun would bring a brilliant babe over to wow you guys.

'And if I get the brilliant babe? I asked?

'Then I would give you PS for a whole day'.

Deal.... I said
Fine.....Daniel said

The game is on..