Chapter 3: Drunken appearances and la chancleta

Chapter 3

*-Lynelle-*

"Babe come back to bed," I whine groggily, still half asleep as I roll towards Izzy only to find her spot on the floor, where she was supposed to be, empty. Opening my eyes and quickly shutting them back from the harsh glare of the light that Izzy must've left on, I sit up and stretch, slowly re-opening my eyes to look at the time.

"3:27 am, huh-"

"¡¿Por qué demonios estás aquí, idiota borracho?! Leave, right now!" I hear Izzy scream out and slam the door, locking it as I get up from off of the blankets and pillows on the ground and make my way over to her, wondering what or who she was screaming at so early in the morning.

Tyler wasn't supposed to be home until around eight am so it's not him, they wouldn't yell at each other so harshly anyways.

Rubbing my tired eyes after an inhumane yawn, Izzy turns to me as I examine her, noticing the slipper in her hand, beet red face, foggy glasses, and disheveled hair, I know who exactly is at the door.

"Before you ask, I don't know what he's doing here," She mumbles, exhausted, dropping her slipper on the floor, stepping in it, as she walks back into the living room and collapses on the blankets and pillows, ready to fall back asleep.

"Please Isabella, let me speak to her," I hear a plead through the door as I see Izzy get up with a frustrated sigh and walk into the kitchen furiously, mumbling curse words.

He's definitely drunk.

I quickly fumble with the lock on the door, trying to open it, while giving attention to the sound of a knife being pulled out from the kitchen drawer. Finally opening the door, I hastily walk outside her apartment, meeting Jay. After slamming it, I lean against the door in irritation and in a little fear of Izzy.

Was she really gonna do something with the knife? Wait who am I kidding, of course, she would.

"Babeee," Jay slurs as he reaches out for me, reeking of alcohol, as usual.

"Nope," I step back even further into the door and cross my arms in front of my chest as I see his eyes divert to my chest, staring there.

"Hey," I snap, "Eyes up here buddy," His eyes return to mine slowly only after looking down further, towards my legs and back. Seeing him now focusing on my face, even though he's swaying a bit, I roll my eyes and continue.

"You do not get to touch me when you smell like you slept in alcohol and bathed in it when you got up, then dried yourself off with weed as a towel, no." Staring at him staring at me, I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance, inhaling deeply.

"Why are you here Jayden? What do you want?" He wastes no time in answering.

"Because I miss you, you didn't come home last night, and I was worried sick—"

"I was at Izzy's apartment, which you knew, because I have the decency to text or call letting you know I'm not going to be somewhere, Jayden." I say as patiently as I can.

"You didn't call me Jay, are- are you mad at me Lynelle?" He asks, feigning innocence, making me close to bursting with anger and confusion.

Stepping away from the door, I start, "Wouldn't you be mad if your partner stood you up for something very important to you? Do you know the hell that I went through yesterday because you weren't there? The embarrassment I had to face while you were probably out and about, too busy to care about meeting your girlfriend when your entire relationship is on the line, do you? No? Well, I know that. I know that because You. Were. Not. There. You weren't there Jayden!" I finish my rant as tears start to brim my eyes, threatening to fall.