Chapter 4: Pupusas & Decisions

Chapter 4

*-Lynelle-*

"Thank you so much, for picking me up Iz. I had to leave that place." I say, yawning in the passenger's seat while playing Candy Crush to pass the time. How ironic is it that the game says it's relaxing when it only makes me more frustrated trying to beat hard levels?

"Maybe you should leave Jayden too," Izzy mumbles under her breath as she clicks on her indicator, making a left-hand turn.

I hum in agreement with whatever she said as I swipe a color bomb with another one, and with only two more moves remaining, I finally beat the level. I am extremely glad to be able to move to level two thousand six hundred and eighty-one, I celebrate my accomplishment with a triumphant smile, high fiving myself.

Then Izzy's words click.

"Wait, what'd you say?" I turn in my seat to look at her, stifling a laugh from the fact that it took me way too long to realize what she said.

"What?" Izzy asks as her freckled face reddens.

"Nuh-uh, 'what?' nothing. What'd you say just now?" I'm pretty sure I heard correctly but I want to hear her repeat it.

"Just now when?" Isabella questions, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. Izzy sees the oncoming traffic light turn yellow and speeds up trying to make it past it but fails.

"Isabella Marie Anderson soon-to-be Nichole, answer me this instant!" I laugh out as she reluctantly slows the car to stop at the red light.

"Oh right, I'm engaged to your super-hot hunk of a brother." Izzy remarks with the clicking of her tongue. Examining her left ring finger with the sparkling engagement ring on it, she smiles, looking at me.

I gagged. Like, almost threw up.

"First of all, Iz," I state while trying to not puke, "Don't change the subject. Second of all, eww. I know you love him and all that, but don't refer to him as hot nor as a hunk because eww." I shudder as Izzy snorts out a laugh while pushing her glasses up. "And third of all, don't change the subject."

Izzy moves off as the light changes to green while she chuckles, telling me that I mentioned that already. This makes me stare at her with the most deadpanned expression I could portray. Feeling my eyes basically burning through her head, she glimpses me with a large smile still dancing on her face.

"Okay, okay enana," She starts laughing harder, "I said maybe you should leave Jayden too."

Shaking my head at her, I sit back in the seat, a knowing smile playing on my lips. "Was that so hard to say, Iz?"

I turn my head, watching her as she humorously mumbles out 'of course not.' Izzy looks exceptionally even prettier. Her freckle-adorned face, graced with the beauty of her light blue eyes would make anyone stop and stare. That 'anyone' also includes me. Hey, you got to appreciate the beauty.

And appreciating the beauty also means appreciating the golden arches of the McDonald's sign a couple of yards ahead.

"Ooh, Iz, can we please stop at McDonald's? I'm starving." Turning in the seat once more, I drop my phone onto my lap as I clasp my hands together in a pleading motion. Izzy only grins knowingly and slows at a crosswalk. A man, presumably a father, and a little girl, who couldn't be more than the age of 10, cross the street hand in hand. Aww.

"Sure Mija, but just so you know, the reason Ty went out to get groceries was so I can make Mama Mayra's famous pupusas-"

"Never mind, I'll gladly wait for those instead." I rush out excitedly while grinning. Mama Mayra's pupusas are to die for.