Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Who knew that one simple yet not so simple thing could change my life drastically. One day I was just Alex Moore just wanting to finish high school and now I'm on the cover of magazines and being questioned by strangers and practically everyone at school.

"AHHHH ALEX!!!" A shrill voice in the form of my best friend screamed. I cringed, here she goes. "Have you heard Aiden Anderson's new song? Also that apparently he and his girlfriend were shopping at the mall? Did you know......." So that's Lauren for you, totally engrossed in today's social media and a little, maybe a tad boy obsessed. I mean Ya boys are great and can be really hot but I'm in a serious relationship with food.

Lauren started playing one of Aidens songs and I immediately shut it off. "Hey why did you do that?" She asked.

"His music sounds worse than Kids Bop singing a Kayne West song." I responded.

"Don't you dare insult my future husband. Take that back." She giggled at my insult, she may love Aiden but she found my annoince to him very amusing.

"Didn't you just say something about him and his girlfriend?" I laughed.

"Uh well - just shut up Alex and help me with this damn math homework."

Lauren and I met in freshman year and instantly became bestfriends, same with our other bestfriends Will who is our jock friend, Sophie she's a little bit of a drama queen but we love her anyways, and my twin brother Nate. Some people think that it's weird how close Nate and I are but I like it because I'm never bored since he's my Bestfriend and he'll all ways be there.

"Oh shit!" I cursed. It's already 1:15, I start work at 1:30. "Lauren I have to go, I have work, I'll text you later."

"What about my math homework?" She yelled as I packed my stuff up.

Laughing at her I responded "Ask Aiden Anderson to help you."

"He doesn't even know who I am, YET!" She said as she threw a pillow but I was already running.

I laughed at Lauren and yelled a goodbye as I ran out of her house. I bolted down the next couple of blocks to my house. As I ran inside I almost plowed down Nate.

"What's the rush?" He asked after steadying us.

"Work." I simply said as I ran upstairs to my room. I quickly threw off my clothes and put on my uniform. Running back downstairs Nate threw me a water bottle.

"Thanks." I said kissing him on the cheek.

"Have fun saving people's life's ." He responded. Ya so my job is to save life's, I'm a lifeguard. I've only saved 1 person in my whole life but that's good cause it was absolutely terrifying. My house was only a 5 minute walk from the beach so I was there just on time. I checked in and took my shorts off so I was just in my red one piece suit.

As I made my way to my chair a guy with a brown hair, and a face that would make all the girls fall to their knees with one look, walked towards me with a surf board. He was mighty fine with that chiseled body.

"Like what you see?" The mysterious boy said. No he saw me! Gosh my face is probably beat red.

"You have a giant, and I mean giant pimple on your face." I lied. He looked confused then smirked at me.

"Well I'm going to go surf." He said.

"I hope you drown." I muttered hoping he didn't hear me. That's pretty bad of me to say right considering I am a lifeguard, but whatever he was annoying me.

"But then you'll come save me." He laughed. Shit he heard that.

I didn't respond but quickly ran towards my chair. As I sat down relaxed. No hot boys distracting me, this is good. Looking over the beach it was quite empty, but it is Sunday so most people usually stay home today.