Yes

*one year later*

                   Hank had been observing Ellie's policing skills for a while, not just because of his father instincts but because there was a spot open on the team and hank was looking to fill it.  He was torn between bringing up someone more experienced but risk not knowing if they'd manage or bring up Ellie and let people talk, even though she'd be a perfect fit. 

                    He had to decide soon because Kevin was stuck with no partner and he had ride with hank all the time, he was sat in his office thinking long and hard.  Ellie didn't know about this because he was unsure still and he didn't wanna break her heart if he ended up choosing someone else.  There was a knock at his office door so he looked up and snapped out of his own head, "come in" he smiled weakly at jay.  Jay furrowed his brows and walked in, "everything okay? You seem distracted?" He raised an eyebrow.  Usually hank would take slight offence to that comment but jay was right so he didn't, he laughed and nodded, "I need to fill the spot in the unit, I'm stuck between Ellie or someone else" he rubbed his head.

                   Jay smiled, "Ellie all the way, I mean we all know her really well, we've seen her in action, she's a perfect fit" he nodded.  Hank looked at him in doubt, "yeah I get all that, I really do. I just don't wanna ruin her career by fetching her up here with me, people are gonna talk, I'll be slightly overprotective, I just don't know if it's the right call" he sighed.  Jay frowned, "people are gonna talk no matter where she goes, besides if she's up here at least you know she's safe. I wouldn't doubt yourself, Ellie's a match for this unit" he nodded.  Hank thought about it for a second, "yeah, yeah Ellie it is" he nodded and put his final offer on the table.  Jay smiled, "she'll do great" he nodded and left hank alone now he knew his boss was okay. 

                 Now he just needed to ask Ellie, he sighed and stood up before walking out of his office and out of the bullpen.  He wandered downstairs and walked over to trudy at the front desk, "hey, you seen Ellie anywhere?" He smiled.  Trudy looked up, "yeah she's in the back" she tilted her head backwards.  "Thanks" he smiled and walked off.  He went into the back room and saw Ellie helping a trainee cop with something, he waited until she was done then waved her over.  She smiled and stood up, "hey dad" she nodded.  Hank smiled, "there's a spot open in the unit, I want you to ta..." he started but Ellie cut him off, "yes" she nodded straight away.  Hank looked at her weirdly, "you don't wanna think about it?" He raised his eyebrows.  Ellie laughed, "nope, I'll take it" she smiled.  Hank smiled proudly then pulled her into a hug, "do me proud kiddo" he nodded.  Ellie smiled, "i Will don't worry. When do i start?" She tilted her head.  Hank nodded, "tomorrow" he smiled.  Ellie laughed, "sounds good to me" she accepted it.  Hank squeezed her shoulder then left to go back upstairs.

                 He walked into the bullpen with a file trudy gave him, it was their new case.  Jay looked at him for an answer discreetly, hank noticed his questioning stares so he smiled in his direction and nodded so only he could see.  Jay smiled back and listened in to the days case. 

                 The rest of the day flew by, Ellie appreciated her last day as a patrol officer and enjoyed every minute with her partner since it was about to get a whole lot tougher up in the intelligence unit.  Hank worked on the case and by now it was 7pm, "head out guys, see you tomorrow" he smiled at them all.  They all nodded and grabbed their things before leaving to crash down at home, wherever their homes may be.

                  "You ready ell?" Hank smiled as she finished up eating her breakfast.  Ellie smiled and nodded, she was still fairly young but she was saving up her money to buy herself an apartment so she could live on her own and do what she wanted, wether that meant boys or just sitting down on the couch while crying at The Vampire Diaries and eating a tub of ice cream.  Hank nodded and opened the door for her, she was in plain clothes since today was her first day in the intelligence unit. 

                Trudy smiled as the pair walked into the district, "promotion?" She smiled at Ellie.  Ellie laughed and looked up at her dad then at trudy, "yep" she smiled proudly.  Hank laughed and lead Ellie upstairs, she already had her badge and gun so it wasn't like she was starting fresh at a new district. "Hey sarge..." Adam shouted from his desk but trailed his words off when he saw Ellie looking a lot like them.  Hank smiled and made sure everyone was there, "Kevin this is your new partner" he smiled at him.  Kevin stood up, "what an honour" he fist pumped Ellie like they used to do.  Ellie smiled and laughed as the other guys stood up, "welcome to the family" jay pulled her into a hug.  Ellie smiled and accepted the other greeting from everyone else.  She settled down at her desk and then filled out the paperwork trudy gave her.