Chapter 4

Chapter 4

After the teacher (Ms Evans) had finished asking me questions, i walked into my class.

Everyone was talking and laughing.

"Class!" a tall man shouted. "Class! We have a new student today. Faye, come and introduce yourself." He gestured to me.

"Hello, I'm Faye Winters. I move around a lot, but I came from Melbourne." I introduced myself.

"Faye!! Why are you so pale?" a guy called out.

"I.. I have skin condition. So Im quite pale, paler than everyone else." I coughed.

"Ok then... How come I never see you eat??" a girl asked, sneering.

"You actually watch me to see if I eat?" I snorted. "What kind of person are you?"

"No, I am just curious. Jeez." She huffed and shut up.

"So, I'll be moving again, probably." Or you'll all get suspicious. Why aren't I growing? Why aren't I getting taller? Why don't I ever get pimples?

"Ok, thank you Faye." The teacher looked uncomfortable. "I'm Mr Horton, and I'll be your maths teacher." Yeah, obviously. I'm at MATHS. I smirked at him. He coughed, and sat down.

"Please choose a seat, and we'll get started." He shuffled his papers, and looked at me expectantly.

"Ok." I looked around, and chose a seat beside a bored looking girl. She had white blonde hair downt o her waist and pale skin. I instantly caught her scent. Oh my God.

She suddenly sat up. "You're a vampire, aren't you?" she thought.

"Yeah, you caught me." I smiled at her. She looked shocked.

"The two FREAKS sitting together!" a snooty voice called. Barbie.

"Hey Barbie! Didnt notice you there!" I laughed, and shot her a glare.

"Just shut up Bimbo." The girl groaned, looking really annoyed. "You'r killing me, and thats impossible." She smirked at me.

"Freak! Dont ignore me!" Barbie slapped my shoulder. I felt her shiver from my coldness. I turned around slowly, and stared at her hard.

"What did you just do?" My voice as hard as stone. "Don't EVER touch me." I turned back facing the teacher, while he looked between me and barbie.

"Errm, whats going on here?" he sounded uncomfortable.

"Oh nothing Mr Horton, just Barbie apologising to me for touching me." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. "What a sweet girl." I heard him think. "There IS kindness in the world."

I stifled a laugh, and saw vampire girl hold back a laugh.

"So, whats your name?" I asked her.

"I'm Christina Laurie. Where do you come from?" she answered me.

"Im from Melbourne. I was turned in 1834." I thought.

"Ohmygosh! Same here!" She thought back, surprised. I opened my mouth to reply, when Barbie interrupted.

"What the hell are you doing? You two are like, silent but you're still talking!" she exclaimed sounding annoyed. Guess she wanted to tease us.

"God she is such a bitch." I smiled at that comment.

"What are you laughing at, freak?" she cried.

"Oh nothing.." I told her. "Why don't you go mind your own business? You know, its not that hard to shut up."