Extra : Best Boyfriend.

When you wake up, the dullness around your lower back feels better and you can stretch your toes without wincing. The whole body is still largely tired and everything is slow as you blink your eyes open.

The flat is warmer than you remember for a snowy day and it instantly makes you uncomfortable. You know the warmth is welcomed but you just need to be sure it is for good reason.

On the coffee table next to you, there's a small tray of a hummus platter and an empty mug holding just a tea bag. A smile twitches on your bottom lip and you rub the back of your neck, realising this is his own way of taking care of you through the cramps.

There's little pain for now, just the general discomfort and you know he hates not being able to help.

With a hum, you rise from the comfortable couch and touch the t-shirt nestled on your body. These past lazy days have had you just stealing from his wardrobe and he clearly doesn't care.

Today you're pairing his washed up tie-dye t-shirt with your cotton sleep shorts and your super soft knee high socks. In the background, there's Cesaria Evora softly playing in the background and you slowly hum along to the tune.

In the morning, it was Yuna playing your way through breakfast but he obviously opted for a new playlist. It's not terrible.

Humming along to the tune, you pick up the mug holding nothing but a tea bag and make your way to the kitchen.

As if you predicted, he's calmly standing in the kitchen. Not helpless or lost. He is just staying still as he enjoys a cup of tea and hums along to the music.

You softly come to a halt as you drink in the tall beauty standing in his own solitude. The music changes to Redemption Song and you bop your head to the tune he secretly loves.

Your eyes train themselves on him, admiring him in his lavender bath dressing gown and catch how his sweet eyes blinking at nothing in particular.

Announcing your presence, you clear your throat and move closer to him.

"Oh, someone's awake," he hums.

Without waiting, he slowly moves to place his mug on the kitchen top and leans against it, trying to find you.

"Hi darling," you muse.

Harry gently stretches out a hand and you eagerly take his hand in yours. He pulls you closer and holds you. Clearly, he has missed you holding you. You kiss the corner of his mouth and he smiles.

"How was your nap?" he asks.

"So necessary and refreshing," you respond.

"I'm glad. Feeling better?" he asks.

"Yeah, actually woke up starving and relaxed," you chuckle.

"Please tell me you saw the hummus platter I set up for you," Harry says.

"I did! I also saw the empty mug with the tea bag," you point out.

"Yeah, didn't want you waking up to cold tea," he shrugs.

"How thoughtful,"

The past year of being in a relationship with him has been fulfilling, amazing and breathtaking.

Challenges, wins and everything included. It's clearly not a walk in the park dating someone that's physically challenged but you've made yourself more aware and unlearned a lot of hidden ableist ideas you didn't even know you nurtured.

Harry loves you and you love him. That's somehow been the saving grace and that love has been watered with actions, pure intentions and hard work.