Chapter Four

'Sup dudes! Did you miss me?

While I was away, we managed to hit 300 reads, which, is absolutely amazing, thank you so much! I've never been confident in my writing abilities, so seeing people interested in it only motivates me even further. For real though, the only thing that kept me going this week was praise from previous chapters. I legit go back to comments when I'm stuck on a scene to get back into the groove. (So don't be afraid to comment and vote and stuff, I love that shit.)

Aside from that, this is a pretty long chapter, where I actually go into how Natsu was forced into joining Fairy Tail. I say actually because last chapter, I said it as though I had already written in, which just wasn't true. So, yeah. I need to stop accidentally lying, sorry. Also, apparently, there was a glitch? This chapter was supposed to come out Saturday, and it seems like it was published, but it just never showed up after Chapter Three. I deeply apologize for that.

Last but not least, our trusty disclaimer; I, in no way, shape, or form, own Fairy Tail or its beloved characters. All credits go to the amazing Hiro Mashima. Nothing except this story and the obscure style it's written in, is mine.

----------

They walk for what seems like hours, and though Lucy knows it's actually only been ten minutes, she can't help but shake in her boots, the cold wind nipping her skin despite the large blanket that hangs over her shoulders and tight around her body. —Again, her messenger bag was quite literally a void, as it was enchanted to act as such, so having such warming fabric buried deep within the confines of the vast space wasn't much of a surprise, despite the confused exclamations made by Happy when she had first pulled it out. It was gifted to her, by Draco himself, and she loved the thing, adored it even if it looked worn down.—

She shudders, teeth clattering together as snow piles onto and by the group of three, the blizzard raging on in the mountains harsh and brutalizing against them all. Glancing at the pair who decided to tag along, she lightly scoffs at the way Happy nestles into her chest, unaffected by the cold because he wasn't actively experiencing it. Not as much as his human companions were anyway, for Lucy walks pained and slow, each step accompanied by a sharp, fleeting inhale, and he sits inside her blanket, snug in the —little— warmth provided by her body while Natsu, who walks beside them, appears almost unfazed, untouched by the merciless snowfall.

"It's freezing!" Lucy shivers, shouting over the brutal wind. Looking towards Natsu once more, she wonders if he was wearing winter attire under that cloak. —Taking a second, she allows her eyes to run over his figure, finding broad shoulders and long legs, the cloak only making him seem like a giant despite the hole-like rips at the hem.— Swallowing, hoping that her lips didn't look as chapped as they felt, she asks, "Are you not cold?"

Nothing.

He ignores her, not even sparing her a glance. Lucy pouts, frowning before moving behind him and pulling on the blanket rolled and latched onto his backpack with a cry of, "Natsu, please lend me your blanket!"

The pink-haired mage turns to growls, snarling, "Shut up."

Happy shivers, poking his head out of their shared blanket only to say, "You have your own blanket Lucy, stop trying to take Natsu's!"

"Then get out of mine!" The girl yells, scandalized. Who was he to even say that when he was the one cuddling up to her like there was no tomorrow?

"No, thanks!" The feline counters, quickly ducking back into the blanket, "I'm fine right here."

She clicks her tongue, glaring half-heartedly. Lucy sighs, taking a look around the area, finding nothing but white. It's as though they're lost, despite having a clear destination, for the snow falls without letting up, erasing everything but the bodies of the walking mages. —Lucy was sure that if Natsu walked even a little bit faster, she would lose him, and then they'd all be doomed. It was better that they stuck together. Power in numbers and all. — Frowning, she moves to cup her hands around her mouth, attempting to call for the very man they're seeking out.