Dad?

The school bell rang, indicating that the classes had begun.

"Drake, go to your class.. I'll just call Dad and ask him to pick me up." I said.

 "Are you sure? If you want I'll come with you." he said. 

"I'm pretty sure." I replied back. 

I bid good-bye to Drake as he turned around and headed towards his classroom. I took my phone out and dialed Dad's number. He wasn't picking up which got me a bit worried.

 I went outside the school gates and found my car still parked there in the school parking lot. I went up there slowly and quietly.. I don't know why I was walking like a turtle.. but I was, for some unknown reason. 

From a short distance, I could see my dad sitting inside the car, his eyes wide open.. mumbling something to himself. After I reached the car, I knocked on the window. 

 "Oh! Liz, what are you doing here?" he asked in a shock.  

"I called you dad, but you din't pick up the phone, so I got a bit worried..... Anyway.. why are you still here?" I asked.  

He hesitated for a moment and said "Just a bit stressed out, thought I would relax for a while, and then go home." 

 "Oh okay.. well can I come with you? I realized I'm a bit tired myself."

 "Okay then. Get in the car!"  I sat in the car, and dad started the engine. The car ride was pretty silent. There was something unusual about Dad since Megan's death.. He's been really quite and in his own world. He seems pretty depressed though. When we reached home I saw mom standing outside the door, waiting for us. She seemed quite happy for some reason.

 "How are you feeling Liz?" she asked me right after I came out of the car. 

"Good." I replied. 

"Well I made some hot chocolate for you in the kitchen, why don't you go in and grab some.. I need to talk to your Dad." She said smiling.

Okay, that was unexpected.. I went inside and was getting myself some hot chocolate when I got a text from Drake.

"Liz, gonna bunk some classes. I'll be at your house in 10 mins." 

Ugh.. why does he have to do this? Never mind... I went to look through the window to see whats going on outside. 

Blimey! This was so unexpected. Mom seemed exasperated, crying like never before. And Dad was just standing there.. guilty. I ran outside and I saw Drake standing there, shocked to see my parents like that.

 "What in the world is happening?" I yelled. Mum looked at me.. and started crying even more.. She took the phone and dialed 911. Then out of no where I heard dad scream.

"NO!" his face had gone rigid.. I don't know what was happening. I looked at Drake, and he looked just as scared and confused as I was. 

Then suddenly I heard a familiar voice echoing all around the place.

 "He'll be the most miserable of them all, he'll be the one who has to pay the cost.". 

I saw Mum's phone drop out of her hands, Drake's jaws open and Dad, frozen. I turned around, and WAOH! I started shaking.... This is something I would had never thought would happen... 

The sky forming grey clouds.... It started to shower, there was heavy breeze.. and in between all of this, was the translucent looking Megan. 

"Megan! What are you doing here?" I yelled in shock.  

"Good job Liz.. You found the killer." 

"What? No I didn't!"

 "Look behind you dear.." 

I looked back.. and the only person I could see was Dad. "Megan.. who are you talking about? I can only see dad!" I said, shivering.  

"Well.. he is the one.." Whispered Megan.

 "What are you talking about? Megan! He's our dad!! why would he ever have wanted to kill you?" I exclaimed. 

"Well why don't you ask him yourself?" she said. 

We all looked at dad.. He was shaking  head to toe. "Is this true dad?" I asked in utter shock. 

But he didn't reply. 

 "Let me tell you all, the reason why he had killed me." Said Megan in her misty voice. "The reason is because.. Firstly, Liz, he's not our real dad. And secondly he first killed me.. and his second target was you, then Josh. He had merely planned this, so he could takeover the house. He's the one who had killed our real dad. This man, John Cruz had forced mum to marry him when she was pregnant with Josh.. we were only 3 back then.."

I had stopped breathing for a second. I couldn't get all this shocking information down my throat at once. How can this happen? How is this possible? 

 All at once, the big grey clouds started twirling, rain was harder than ever.. There was hardly anything that could be seen. "My dear ones, please move aside.. As I have to punish my destroyer to move ahead in my journey of after life." 

Drake came running towards me, held my hand and took me inside the house. Mum and Josh were right behind us. We tried looked outside the window... Nothing was visible, until the bright lightning hit the ground and John was crouching on the ground, shaking like never before. Then everything vanished in a stark of light except John. He suddenly got up, and was sucked by the clouds.

Next epilogue. :)

vote :P

- Mehvish <3 xx