Chapter 5: Space Food

Kirumi was in her new bedroom, she was grateful that her new father was kind enough to adopt her form her old one. She woke up earlier than she wanted to and couldn't fall asleep again. She felt thirsty and got out of her room to the kitchen. She carefully walked down the wide stairs and saw that the kitchen was on; she got closer to see her father, Taka, preparing something in a box. He soon noticed her standing there.

"Kirumi, why aren't you in your bed? It's your first day of school today." Taka asked his new daughter.

"I woke up earlier than expected father." Kirumi answered, looking over at the counter. "What are you doing?"

"I decided to make everyone's bento have a little something special."

"How special?"

"Instead of making everyone an everyday bento, I make the food in it into shapes that they like! Like Kaito's, its space theme."

"Wow! Can I help make everyone's bento father?"

"It should be best for you to sleep, but since you can't sleep. You can help me."

"Yay!"

 Kirumi helped her father prepare the bento's, and also make her own, which is a bento based on cleaning, which weirded out Taka but he supports her either way. They both finished when the sun was starting to rise. One by one, each family member comes down to have breakfast; Taka then gave his children their backpacks with the bentos inside and told them there was something a little special in them. They got out of the house and got droved to school by their other father.

 The first period of classes passed pretty quickly, the bell rung for them to eat at the cafeteria. They all followed Usami with bentos in hand. Kaito sat at the table he usually sits at.

"My dad said he prepared my bento a bit special today." Kaito said holding the lid ready to open it.

"What do you mean by 'special'?" Shuichi asked the boy sitting next to him.

"I don't know, let's find out!"

 Kaito opened the box and was met with a space themed bento, rice shaped planets in different colors, fruit shaped like a rocket, stars made out of veggies and cheese, and his favorite...

"Octo Aliens!" Kaito said in amazement. "This is awesome!"

"You like eating octo dogs?" Kiyo asked.

"Yep! I love eating them so much!" Kaito answered.

"Oh? These are your favorite?" Kokichi asked.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

"Because... I wondered how you would feel if..." Kokichi said before taking and eating them quickly. "I did this!"

"Heeyyy! Those were mine!" Kaito yelled, shocked. "Why are you so mean all the time Kokichi?"

"Mmm... they are tasty! Your dad's a good cook!" Kokichi mocked.

"Octo Aliens..." Kaito was starting to tear up.

"Kokichi! That was very mean!" Shuichi said.

"I just wanted to taste them..." Kokichi said.

"Apologies! You're making him cry!" Korekiyo demanded.

"Gonta think so too!" Gonta added.

"He won't." Ryoma chimed in. "He's just doing this for attention."

"Sharing is caring!" Kokichi said sticking his tongue out.

"You're such a meanie Kokichi!" Kaito insulted.