Chapter 26

The first day of internships had arrived. The class arrived at the train station with Mr Aizawa, carrying their hero costumes in their special briefcases.

"Now remember everyone, wearing your costumes in public is strictly prohibited, but don't drop them. All of you, be on your best behaviour, now go."

The class started splitting up, heading in their respective directions. Utatori started moving to her train, but paused when Midoriya and Uraraka exchanged a look.

"Ida!"

She looked back at her classmate, remembering what they saw on the news after the sports festival. His brother, Ingenium, had been attacked by the hero killer Stain. As far as they know, he was in critical condition, but wasn't dead. Still.

Ida never told us anything.

"If it ever gets to be too much and you need to talk, just say something. We're your friends"

Ida turned and smiled, trying to comfort us.

"Sure."

As he turned and walked off, Utatori held her breath. She could feel that something was off, but couldn't quite figure out what.

I hope he's okay.

"Come on guys, we've got to get going."

And with that, they were off.

The train ride felt fairly short, the two girls bouncing off each other with excitement.

"So, Tori, what made you pick GunHead? He doesn't really fit with your quirk, does he?"

She hummed, turning her head up in thought while she tried to explain.

"I don't want to rely on my quirk. After my battle with Bakugo, it made me realise that I've been using it too much. I came to UA to be a hero, and I can't do that as a one trick pony. I've never really liked my quirk as is, so now that I have the opportunity to learn from other heroes, with different fighting styles, I should take it."

She looked down to see Uraraka wide eyed.

"Sorry to info dump, wait, what about you? Isn't it basically the same thing for you?"

She seemed to snap out of her daze, punching the air as she responded.

"Well, he drafted me! In the end, my fight against Bakugo got me thinking too. Getting stronger opens up all sorts of possibilities! And just doing things the same old way is kind of limiting. So, I guess it's a pretty similar story to yours. I can't wait!"

When the girls arrived, they got changed into their hero costumes, and headed inside. The Agency was set up similar to a dojo, with comfortable padded mats on the ground. Seeing as it was more a rough and tumble set up, it made a lot of sense. GunHead walked in, opening his arms in welcome.

"Hey there! You two must be the interns, it's a pleasure to meet you. Let me show you guys around."

Uraraka leaned over to Utatori, whispering as they followed the Pro hero.

"Is it just me, or is the way that he talks really cute?"

The girls shared a look, before GunHead continued with his tour, explaining how his agency worked.

"I write up nice reports describing how much help I was at catching bad guys and saving people. Once the specialty organization does its little examination, they put money into my bank account. It's mostly on commission."

He led the two girls to a large room, with other sidekicks practicing punches.

"In my agency, we focus on physical power, what you can do without using your quirk. Here, I'll give you an example."

He pulled out a small knife, tossing it to Utatori carefully. She caught it, slightly surprised as Uraraka's face went pale.

"Here, try to hit me. Don't worry, you won't hurt me."

She flipped the knife in her hand, before taking a stance and lunging forward. GunHead pivoted on his foot, grabbing her wrist and the back of her neck. He used her momentum to put her on the ground, twisting her arm until Tori dropped the knife.

"See? If you're in a situation where you can use your quirk, being able to hold your own is a necessary ability. Learn to use what you have, and train your body alongside your quirk. Here, lets start with some basic training."

The girls looked at each other as they moved into the room.

"This is going to be so much fun!"