Seattle sunrise

It's been a while since I've been this happy. My lips seem to form a semi-permenant smile. I can see the glowing orange though Arizona's large window. I look down and see Arizona cuddled up against me again, I stroke her hair, her eyelids strart to pry open and her blue eyes sparkle. She looks up at me and we both just smile. I offer to get us both coffee to have in bed, and reluctantly leave Arizona bundled up in the white duvet. I borrow one of her oversized shirts and go to the kitchen.

As I'm letting the coffee brew I get a call from Addison, it's been so long since I've talked to her. "Addison hi!" I say picking up the phone. I realise how ruff I probably look, hair messy and bra-less, but I know Addison doesnt care, she's seen me in worse form. She asks to see the veiw since she hasn't been in Seattle so long, Arizonas apartment is high up so you can see for miles. Addison asks where I am, and I try to vaguely respond about a friend or something at which point Arizona turns of behind me also just in a t-shirt, she comes up behind me and greets Addison, she obviously doesn't feel as awkward about it. Addison greets Arizona then smirks saying 'ooh so it's that way' with a subtle wink. I roll my eyes, and Arizona teases 'shes defiantly fit in well' we talk for a little longer bofore Addison decides to let us be. I place the phone down, I didn't know Arizona and Addison were such good friends. She smiled "what?" I stared in response with my eyebrows raised "you were talking too long to get coffee and I wanted to know who you were talking to" I laugh "your forgiven" I add in a slight eye roll again. I peck her lips and we return to bed with coffee.

Arizona is a lot more open and comfortable about us than me. She parades into the hospital holding my hand, but I'm so happy I don't care as much as I'd expect myself too. Unfortunately I don't get to spend as much time on Peds with her today but at least I get to know some of the others. I'm on trauma for the majority of the time, and so am spending a lot of time with Meredith. She spends a lot of her time talking about her kids when she isn't talking about the patients, I mean I don't blame her, they're a big part of her life. We end up rather close by the end of the 24hr shift. The doctors here are a lot closer than other hospitals I have worked at; they all seem to be friends and spend time together outside of work too.

It is all an almost abnormal standard day, until the end when Arizona pulls me aside, and says she has something to tell me.