Monday the 18th

The day has come.

Skid's mother was driving him to the location, & Skid was excited to be a part of this experiment. But he was even more excited to see Pump. Unlike Skid, Pump was absolutely mortified.

Once they arrived at this strange building, she parks & escorts Skid inside. Pump & his father had arrived before them & were waiting for them inside the building, with Pump hiding behind a decorative plant.

"Oh hey, Pump!" Skid greets.

"H-hey Skid..." Pump replies with a chill in his voice.

"Is everything alright?"

"N-no..."

"...You're still scared of them, are you?"

"Yes. &-& I don't think I'll ever not be afraid."

Skid nods & thinks for a bit before having an idea.

"How about we do the spooky dance? I'm sure that would help with the fears."

Pump nods & comes out from beneath the houseplant. The two get into position before doing their little dance. It helps clear Pump's head, even for a little.

"Skid, Pump," the man at the counter calls, "Please come put on your wrist bands."

The two children walked over to the man & held out their wrists for the man to put on paper bands.

"Alright, you'll be called for the testing shortly," the man states before going into the room in the back. Pump picked at the band, associating it with all this weird science stuff. Skid, on the other hand, found the band interesting & pretended it was a Ben 10 Omnitrix. They decided to play games on their phones until the man called them back over, then they handed their phones to their respective parental figures & followed the man.

They went past several odd rooms, each getting creepier & creepier & probably more fatal until they reached one with two elevators.

"For this experiment, we will be testing the effects of the depths of vanity on juvenile test subjects. Now would both of you please step into the elevator on the left?"

The Spookeez oblige to the best of their ability & enter the elevator on the right instead. The man didn't notice this error & closed the glass door.

"You will be faced with creatures of unknown origin, & hexes of varying kinds. I hope you understand this," the man states, his hand on a lever. "Now good luck."

He pulls the lever. The elevator starts to lower.