s i x t e e n

"these pancakes are delicious mrs forester" i compliment emily's mother. i am rewarded with a much appreciated smile and another pancake.

"thank you briar, that one over there seems to think otherwise" i glance over in the direction she's looking in to see emily, her eyes are glued to her phone.

"what? i'm allowed to have an opinion?" she says in more of a question tone than an answer one.

"yes, you are emily. just not when it comes to your mum's cooking" she chuckles quietly and proceeds to leave the kitchen.

"i'm going to leave you two gals to gossip! see ya" her british accent is thick and cheerful.

"sometimes i think she's gone mad" emily laughs and joins me on the barstool and steals a pancake from my plate.

"so you know last night, at the party?" i question. em hums in response as she takes her own pancake.

"what happened? i can't exactly...remember" i ask and she furrows her thin eyebrows slightly.

"well for starters, i can't really remember everything as i was basically drunk too, but i do remember one thing. you told me, and i quote, 'i told vinnie i want him to fuck me so bad'"she imitates me and i roll my eyes before realising what she says.

my eyes widen in shock as i process the words that just left her mouth.

"i told him what? oh my god! i hate being drunk" i groan and throw my head into my hands.

i feel like a fool, i wonder what he replied with. he was probably so flustered and uncomfortable.

"oh yeah, you told me you'd tell me about the times you guys have been together" she grins widely and sits back as if she's ready to whip out popcorn and watch a dramatic scene unfold.

"about that... well there's been a few kisses. and make outs. that's it"

she widens her eyes and squeals excitedly. "oh my fucking gosh!" i calm her by placing my hands on her jumpy wrists.

"shush! i dont want your whole family hearing!" i chuckle and she holds her finger up to her pink lips, motioning her temporary silence.

that doesn't last very long.

"are you guys dating or something?" she questions and i shake my head vigorously. "no! well i dont think so at least..." i reply and shrug lightly.

"i can't believe this! briar has a boyfriend, briar has a fucking boyfriend!" she yells in a sing-song voice and i roll my eyes.

"who's got a boyfriend?" a sudden voice asks and i raise my eyebrows in shock.

"uhh no one" i quickly reply and he shoots me a sly smirk.

emily's older brother noah steps into the kitchen and walks over to the fridge, he's wearing grey sweatpants, that's it.

i dart my eyes away from him as a disgusted sound emanates from em's lips.

"go away noah, no one wants to see your abs" she holds up her fingers in quotation and i chuckle.

"i'm sure you love it briar" he laughs and leaves with a water bottle in his hand, the muscles on his back flex with every step he takes, and i won't lie, noah looks extremely hot right now.

i've had a crush on noah every since emily and their family moved here from england, when we were all kids. noah's are year older than us, he has piercing blue as and dark hair, the complete opposite of emily.

he's dark and mysterious, kind of the loner type. he hangs out with himself at school, and keeps to himself. all the time.

"hey, you wanna go shopping? i need more makeup" she stand-up and grabs her purse from the couch.

"sure, i'll get some groceries since my dad doesn't want to come home"' i groan through a smile and head out the door with her, knowing we are most likely going to spend the whole night there.

-

a/n: hi guys! i'm so sorry for slow updates, i'll be sure to update more frequently soon. this is just a filler chapter, that's why it's short.