Vacation, convention and sleep deprivation (1/2)

(so this song (the one below) is one of the songs I listened to while writing it but it is probably to short to finish the whole story in the time so uh..yeah.)

November 28th, exactly a month before Mackenzie would turn 29. We had planned this trip for months now, to be honest she already surprised me on my birthday because she gave me tickets for a basketball match in Indiana as a present.

It was after spending the evening of my birthday on the couch, she had told me how she thought of me missing to play in a somewhat professional basketball club, with matches and competitions and all that travelling, so she wanted to at least give me something that would let me experience the joy of the sport itself again and honestly it was the best present she could have given me.

That and the fact that she also wanted me to go because there was a comic convention a few days afterward as well and she really wanted me to come along and keep her company. She knew exactly how much I wanted to see a bigger convention for myself after visiting one or two smaller ones before, especially after she told me all about them too and who am I to say no to Mackenzie in a tight superhero costume. So yeah i definitely agreed to go and the smile on her face was just too precious. I still can't get over the fact that I actually managed to ask her out before she asked me.

Anyways we ended up hyping ourselves a month before it already, I was full on ready for that match and excited for the convention as well. Mac wasn't any better, already happy that I was still so excited because of her birthday present.

During our drive to Indiana I told her all about one of my favorite matches I ever participated in when I was still playing in a small club in Florida. I mean it was in my young teens, I was fourteen, but it was the first match me and my team won back then. She just chuckles softly when I finish my story.

"It's nice to hear you rambling on about your interests from time to time, you know that?" she says with a wide smile displaying on her face, trying to be gentle and kind but also teasing at the same time.

I would be lying if I said that it didn't work out very well for her, because I blush a little and reply with: "You know, you in a superhero costume is something I would also like to see more often" I say, grinning to counter her teasing. Now we are both blushing and I start to laugh.

"I'm glad to hear you like it though."

I focus back on driving and concentrate on the streets in hopes of not getting distracted by my girlfriend as a superhero, not that I don't like that... Okay, Nope. No. Self we are not going back to our first convention together, stop it.

"Are you okay? Should I drive so you can calm down a little?"

I growl a little. "I'm fine, also I can already hear that smirk while you're talking. Just got a little distracted for a second, sorry."

"Don't worry about it but if you need me to drive just tell me, we can switch from time to time."

"No I'm really fine, I promise."

She hums. "Where in your thoughts did you get stuck just now? You got me curious."

"I thought curiosity kills cats not wolves?"

She chuckles again, the sound coming from deep within her chest and oh how much I love that sound.

"I'll tell you later or we'll both be distracted very soon"