5| She's Everything to Me

"Describing love can't be this tough

"Describing love can't be this tough. I could set this song on fire, send it up in smoke. I could throw it in the river and watch it sink in slowly. Tie the pages to a plane and send it to the moon. Play it for the world, but it won't mean much. Unless I sing this song to you."

- Song On Fire by Nickleback

~~>>>•~~<•◇•>~~•<<<~~
Lucifer Morningstar

My face remains still and unaffected as I patiently wait for Linda to take in the information, I just spent half an hour telling her. Hoping for her to at least tell me what to do about it.

Now that Amenadiel and Linda have finally gotten Charlie's fever down, Linda holds her little son in her arms as she contemplates on what to say next.

"Are you sure they are gone?"

How should I bloody know? It's not like I got the manual for those things.

"I don't know. I can't make them come out. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, doctor. My senses are dulled, making me clumsy, I can't heal as fast as I'm used to, and now the Detective thinks I'm human. Really, it's quite depressing."

"It sounds like it's true. But what is the problem in your question?"

"I want you to help me fix this."

"Lucifer, judging by what it looks like, I can only decipher that it's a good thing."

"How can this be a good thing?"

"You really don't see it?" Amenadiel walks into the living room and sits down next to Linda on the couch, eyeing his son, before looking at me.

"See what? That I'm now a mere version of my former self?"

He simply sighs and shakes his head in disagreement.

Linda suddenly changing the subject. "When did you realize this?"

I think back for only a moment. "At the beach where I was with the Detective."

"And what did you do? Obviously, something triggered it."

"I don't know. The Detective and I were having a lovely moment within each other's embrace when it happened."

"Did Chloe maybe do something?"

"No. I don't believe so. If anything, it was..."

"Yes, Lucifer, go on."

"...I confessed my feelings to her." I pause. "After that her eyes started glowing and she said that mine did as well. And seconds later, my wings disappeared."

"Lucifer don't you get it?"

"I'm afraid not. That's why I came here."

"I believe that this is your mind and body's way of telling you that you are ready to be with Chloe."