6| You're Dripping, Detective

[MATURE]

[MATURE]

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE SEXUAL MATERIAL. IF YOU ARE UNDERAGED OR NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT IDEA THEN FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS.

As for the rest of you.
Enjoy.

~~>>>•~~<•◇•>~~•<<<~~
Lucifer Morningstar

For a moment, I just stare at her. Her question caught me off guard.

Of course, was my first reaction but then I started to muse over the meaning of her words.

Always.

I mean I know I said it first and it just fell out of me like it was so simple.

Did she really want to stay with me? Was her definition of always being together? Is she already dreaming of her future where I'm constantly present? Does she really want me?

I could really use a drink right about now to be honest.

My pondering must have not been a good reaction, because she soon starts pulling away from me.

I quickly react and pull her by her wrists, back to me.

"Chloe. I-" I stutter for a moment, hating myself for even making her sad.

"You don't have to say anything. It was a stupid question."

What? No. How could she even possibly think that?

"First of all, your questions are never stupid." Letting go of her wrist, instead I tilt her chin up, making her connect her gaze with mine. "And second... What if I do mean it?"

"Do you?"

I take a deep breath. Chloe is always the one to put me to the test. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable and yet, she makes me question my own character, beliefs, morals, the whole damn list even. But at the end of the day I don't have to be afraid when I'm with her. You choose to be vulnerable around me. Her words consume my thoughts.

And then out of nowhere I realize what I have to do. What I have to say. Because I can't imagine not living without Chloe. I smile, right before I frown.

Then why the hell didn't Linda and Amenadiel give me any hints beforehand?

Just when I'm about to answer the woman who's patiently waiting for an answer from me, the sound of my phone ringing in the living room disrupts us. Making us both groan in annoyance.

Really? Now?

It's like we're both in some kind of Netflix TV Show where the directors always think it's funny to ruin a perfectly good moment with one phone call. That or I have been watching too many episodes of Bones lately and I'm just overthinking.