7| Your Demons Are Showing

"Do you need, do you need someone? Are you scared of what's to come? If you leave then who will the next one be? Will he do the same or will he let you see

"Do you need, do you need someone? Are you scared of what's to come? If you leave then who will the next one be? Will he do the same or will he let you see. That you don't have to hurt. You don't have to hurt anymore. With a little time, take a look and find what you're searching for."

- Broken by Isak Danielson

~~>>>•~~<••>~~•<<<~~
Mazikeen Smith

Raising my fist to knock on a door of a suburban household, I'm greeted by odor of a man who looks like he hasn't had a shower in days.

"What do you want?"

"Do you know a woman by the name of Lily Rose?" I ask him.

"She's a singer. I think." The man scratches his messy hair. "My father was obsessed with her songs."

"Could I get your father's number?"

"He's dead." The man says flatly just as he begins to close the door, I place my foot between the cape.

"Wait!"

"I'm sorry, I'm really busy-"

"Mazikeen!" Oh great. Just what I needed. The man's words fade when the cheery voice of Michael flutter through the street as he approaches us. "There you are."

"What are you doing here?"

"To help you catch bounties of course." He says as he thumbless with his smartphone. "And for you to help me figure out the purpose of this app. It's telling me to tweet something. Do all Homo Sapiens believe they are birds or something? Can't they talk normally without communicating like an animal?"

The urge to slap my face is rising with this twin. "It is called talking you idiot. And I'm not Bounty Hunting right now."

"Wait. You're a Bounty Hunter?" The man seemingly panics and tries again to shut the door. But my foot remains still in place.

"Your afraid." Michael suddenly disregards his device as his senses the man's emotions.

"No kidding." I say when analyze the gruffy man's edgy movements.

Michael grabs the owner's shirt collar, pulling him closer to him. "What is it that you truly fear?"

My gaze sifts back and forth between the two, never really seeing how Michael uses his abilities in person.

"I'm- I'm... I'm afraid of..."

"Yeah. Yeah. Go on man. We don't got all day." Becoming restless at the slow process as Michael tries to hurry it up.

To be frank, I actually wouldn't mind speeding this along. I got places to be anyway.

"...I'm afraid of people finding out about my rock eating addiction."