Part 15

Noya's POV:

A soft sneeze left Hima, I let out a little giggle. Her fever had gone down to the regular temperature which was good. She still had a few sniffles and sneezes her or there but overall she was fine.

~~~

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, Asahi was in a meeting and I couldn't call him. They kept happening. I decided to call my doctor 'cause there was nothing else I could do. They said I could come in at 11:00 that same day.

~~~

I walked in the hospital and I was immediately called back. They did some tests and then took some samples, then an ultrasound that I couldn't see. The doctor then left leaving me scared and impatient. She came back around 10 minutes later.

"Noya, we're incredibly sorry but you've lost the baby."
Tears streamed down my face, soft sobs came from my mouth. All the time it took to get here was for nothing.
I left the hospital puffy eyes and absolutely heartbroken. Tears slowly fell down my face on the way home.

I walked inside our house then laid in my nest. I cried into one of the pillows, soaking it with my tears.

~~~

Asahi's POV:
I came home hearing sobs from our room, I rushed and saw Noya in his nest crying his eyes out.
"Noya, what's wrong?" I say rushing to his side.
"I-I-I..." was all he got out before he started crying again.
"I-I umm, l-lost our b-baby." He said in between sobs.

That's 3

I thought, I felt my eyes get watery. I tried staying strong, I had to, Noya seeing me sad was not gonna help anything. I put my head in the nape of his neck, wrapping my arms around him.
A tear fell from my face, but that's the only one I let out. We both fell asleep.

I woke up about an hour later, I checked the time.

6:34 PM

I realized Hima hadn't eaten yet, and neither has me or Noya. I got up and went to the living room to see Hima silently playing with her toys on the floor.
"Hey sunshine." I say, she looks up at me and I walk over to her.
"Hi!" She says happily with a bright smile.
"What do you want for dinner?" I ask.
"Taco!" She says, which made me smile.
"Alright then, I'll order something it's late."
I grab Hima off the floor and bring her to Noya who was sleeping still. I placed her down and she grabbed Noya's face trying to wake him up. He fluttered opened his eyes and Hima snuggled into his chest.

I laid down next to him,
"We're getting tacos for dinner, Hima's choice."I said. Noya giggled
"Okay, sounds good to me." He replies. I hear the doorbell ring, I get up and pay the delivery man and we start eating. I could see Noya wanted to cry very badly but just couldn't cry in front of his daughter.

~~~

Me and Noya laid in bed, we discussed that and we both brought up the idea to try again, just not soon. We needed to enjoy the things we already have. Like Hima, each other, a house, and food. We're so lucky to have all this stuff.