Chapter eight

Addie and Steve left the Quinjet to find Dr. Cho. They jumped unto the roof of the lab, "Two minutes. Stay close," Steve said into the comms. The pair entered the lab to find Dr. Cho leaning against a cabinet breathing heavily due to her injury. "Dr. Cho!" He shouted running over to her.

"He's uploading himself to the body," she warned them.

"Where?" Addie asked.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, it's power is uncontainable You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First we have to find it," Steve replied.

"Go," Dr. Cho said. Addie admired her bravery and selflessness when it came to saving the world, she didn't care if she died only that everyone was safe.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked through the comms.

"We did," Addie heard Clint reply.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. That could be him," Nat said.

" There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver," Clint said.

"Negative! If that truck crashes the gem could level the whole city."

"We need to draw out Ultron," Addie said as she and Steve jumped onto the roof of the truck. Ultron blasted the door open as they tried to enter.

"Well he's defiantly unhappy. I'm gonna try and keep him that way."

"You're no match for him," Clint shut down his idea.

"Maybe not, but I am," Addie said. Ultron blast at the pair which caused them to slip and have them to hang off the side but Steve quickly got them back onto the roof.

"You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change. That terrifies you," Ultron stated.

"I wouldn't say it's a comfort," Steve said as he hit Ultron with his shield only to have him block it. Addie came up and used her powers to blast him which sent him to the back of the truck. He slowly got back up and walked towards the two Avengers.

"Stop it!" He shouted as he threw Steve's shield aside and blast him backwards, he caught himself on the sides of the truck and bounced backwards.

"Come on," Steve said as he kept on hitting Ultron and Addie blasted him. She blasted Ultron onto a train which caused Steve to jump onto it and her to use her powers to fly safely.

"I'm going in cap, Ads do you think you two can keep him busy," Nat said.

"What do you think we've been doing," they replied in unison as they continued their battle with the robot. All of a sudden Pietro and Wanda appear in front of Ultron.

"Please, don't do this," he pleaded with them.

"What choice do we have," Wanda said before Ultron flew off.

"We lost him! He's headed you're way," Steve shouted. Clint was trying to get Nat's attention before Steve said, "If you have the Cradle get it to Stark."

"Do you have eyes on Nat," Clint said, not giving up.

"Go!" he turns back to the twins and Addie, "Civilians in our path," he warned which caused Pietro to speed off. "Do you two think you can stop this thing," Wanda and Addie shared a wary glance, they both knew that it was a long shot and only one wouldn't work. Their hands glowed as they used everything they could to stop the train. It went slower before stopping completely 10 feet later. Pietro sped over to a crate out of breath, Wanda ran over to him making sure he was okay.

"I'm fine. I just need a minute," he assured his twin.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one," Steve said sternly. Addie went to stand beside Wanda also making sure Pietro was okay.

"The Cradle, did you get it?" Wanda asked.

"Stark will take care if it."

"No he won't."

"You don't know what your talking about. Stark's not crazy," Steve said, not understanding what the teen were implying.

"He'll do anything to make sure things are right," Addie said, agreeing with Wanda. She looked over at Addie surprised she said that about her own father.

"Stark. Stark come in. Anyone on comms," Steve tried.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that from."

"She's right Steve, just think about who got us in this mess. If dad gets the Cradle he's going to create something even more dangerous," Addie said, trying to get him to see the truth.

Steve finally realised what Stark was going to do and made the sixteen year olds hurry to get back to the compound.