shh. stop fussing, i'm braiding your hair.

"shh. stop fussing, i'm braiding your hair." (pinterest)

Lin, Pippa, and the rest of the Hamilton cast were all hanging out together a few hours before their opening night performance. Lin had been extremely busy, especially for the past few weeks, trying to make sure opening night was going to go smoothly. Right now, Pippa was trying to calm down Lin after he was overcome with anxiety.

"Lin, honey, please. Everything's going to be fine," She said, trying to calm her boyfriend.

"What if I mess up? What if the people don't like it?" Lin sat down on the couch next to her, and she started to play with his long hair. Pippa enjoyed playing with other people's hair, especially Lin's.

"Everyone's going to love it, Lin," Jazzy chimed in. Everyone in the room nodded in agreement.

"How can you be so sure? I don't want to be laughed at like when I was-" Pippa pulled a strand of Lin's hair tightly, causing Lin to wince in pain. "Ow, Pips! That hurts!"

Pippa laughed and asked in response, "What? Did I pull too hard?"

"Yes, you did. But seriously, how can all of you be so sure that this show is going to do well? We might only be on Broadway for a week," Lin looked around the room, waiting for an answer from anyone. Pippa pulled yet another strand of Lin's hair, and he yelped. "Pippa!"

"Shh. Stop fussing, I'm braiding your hair," Lin turned around slightly to see a smiling Pippa looking back at him. "Now turn around so I can finish." A few people in the room laughed and a few minutes later, Pippa finished braiding. "I'm done! You wanna see it?"

Lin nodded and Pippa took a picture of the braid. She showed it to Lin, who stared at it for a moment. "Thank you, Pippa," He chuckled. "Can I have a kiss for all the pain you made me go through?"

"Of course you can," Pippa leaned over his shoulder and gave him a kiss on the cheek. However, she didn't think that was enough, so she got up, sat down in his lap, and kissed his lips. When Pippa backed away, she was smiling ear-to-ear and blushing. Lin pushed a strand of hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "I love you."

"I love you too," Lin said with a grin. He pulled Pippa into a hug and squeezed her tightly. He looked over her shoulder to everyone else in the room, and shouted excitedly, "Who's ready to kill it tonight?!"

This got everyone super excited for the show, and, later that night, when the show was over, everyone came back to that same room cheering.

"We did it!" Lin yelled happily. The cast had gotten a standing ovation at the end, and Lin was over the moon about it.

"I told you we would," Pippa smiled at Lin, and he lifted her up, spinning her in a circle. This made her laugh, and when he put her down, he kissed her delicately.

"I love you."

author's note! <3 // i hope you enjoyed my first oneshot! i promise they will be longer than this, i'm just super excited! (also, quick disclaimer, i fully support stippa and lin & vanessa!)

requests! <3 // my instagram is @adorpippa, and you can dm me any requests there or pm me on here! (alyssa0135)

credits! <3 // today's oneshot prompt credits go to pinterest :)

abt me! <3 // my name is alyssa and i'm a teenage writer! i am a high school student, but in my free time, i like to write (mostly fanfics and oneshots!)