would you stop that, i'm busy.

"would you stop that, i'm busy." (pinterest)

"Pip," Lin whispered from across the kitchen island, where he was sitting impatiently on one of the stools. Pippa cast Lin a quick look before bringing her eyes back to her computer screen, where her boss was showing her team a new project. She was on a zoom call for work and Lin didn't have anything to do, so he decided that the most logical thing to do was to annoy her. When Pippa didn't give him any type of response, he raised his voice, repeating, "Pip."

Again, there was a minimal response from Pippa. Only a quick glance, and then she went back to her meeting, though it didn't seem like she was very engaged in it as she stared blankly at the screen. Every so often, she would scribble something down in the notebook to her left and turn back to the screen before jotting down another important note or two.

"Pippa," He whined. Pippa mouthed, What do you want?  He only smiled, saying her name again. "Pips."

This time, she glared at him. "Would you stop that, I'm busy," She stated. Lin was happy that she was getting annoyed with him. His plan was to get her annoyed, because when she was annoyed at someone, she gave them lots of attention.

"Hey, Pippa, look," Lin said. When Pippa looked up for a second, he made a funny face at her, which made her giggle. "Pip, look again," When she looked up again, he started to dance around randomly. This made Pippa laugh harder, knowing well that Lin was a horrible dancer.

"Mrs. Miranda, what are you laughing at?" A voice from the computer said. "We're talking about serious matters, I'm not sure what you would find funny about it." When she heard the voice, her face heated up. Only the most important person on the meeting would call her out: her boss. She strived to be very serious and as professional as possible on her meetings, and now she wasn't being either.

Pippa glared daggers at Lin, whose smile immediately faded. Pippa quickly unmated herself and spoke hurriedly. "I'm so sorry, my husband is in the room. I assure you I found the matters you were talking about very serious." When she was done, she muted herself again, shooting another angry look at Lin. He seemed to almost shrink from the heat of Pippa's glare.

"Alright, but please don't let that happen again." Pippa nodded and the meeting resumed. For the rest of the time, Lin stayed in the room, sitting quietly across the island from Pippa.

When the meeting ended, a few of Pippa's co-workers stayed on the call to ask questions. She decided to stay on and apologize again for Lin's behavior, as well as her own. While she was doing this, Lin had turned his attention to their dog, Billie.

After Pippa apologized, she left the meeting and closed her laptop. Noticing that Lin was paying attention to Billie, she tip-toed up behind him and shouted, "Boo!" Lin jumped in surprise, almost trampling Billie at the same time. He put a hand on his chest over his pounding heart and drew in a few deep breaths. Pippa laughed and kissed his lips softly.

When she backed away, Lin took another breath, then said, "You scared me half to death, Pip!" Pippa smiled in response, cupping his face in both of her hands.

"It's not my fault you get scared easily," She pressed another kiss to his lips, then another on the tip of his nose. "It's payback for getting me in trouble."

Lin wrapped his arms around Pippa and her smile widened. "That's fair," He smiled.

"Very fair," Pippa giggled. "No more interrupting my meetings, that was embarrassing."

"Did you get fired for that?" Lin asked quietly, moving his hands to hold Pippa's.

"No, I didn't get fired...but I kind of wish I did," Pippa whispered the last part under her breath, hoping Lin wouldn't hear.

"Pippa, if you got fired, you wouldn't have a job. Do you really want that?" Billie wandered over between the couple and sat down. They both bent down to pet her at the same time, and in the process, they hit their foreheads together. "Ow, Pip!" Lin laughed, rubbing his forehead dramatically.

"That hurt!" Pippa laughed along with him, massaging her forehead lightly before rubbing Lin's forehead gently with her fingers.

"Thank you, love," Pippa blushed, a small smile tugging at her lips, before shifting a bit of her attention to Billie. "Pip, do you really want to be fired?" Lin asked softly, his tone more serious. He took the hand she was using to pet Billie in his. Her gaze was pulled up to lock with his, and she stared into his dark eyes.

"Yes, I do..." Pippa said, dropping her gaze to the floor below her. "Because I got offered a new job!" She added excitedly. Lin's jaw dropped and he pulled Pippa into a tight hug.

"You're joking, aren't you?" Lin pulled back to look at Pippa's face again to confirm she wasn't lying. She shook her head, smiling from ear to ear. "I'm so happy for you, Pip! What is it?"

"Oh nothing big, just a job offer from the best acting agency in New York," She explained calmly, though on the inside she was crying tears of joy. Pippa had been stuck with the current agency she was with since she started her acting career four years ago. Her contract was over in a year, and although she was doing good work with them, she couldn't stand the agency anymore. Accepting this job offer could change the direction Pippa's career was heading in for the better.

"Well, what did you say? Did you accept?" Lin exclaimed. He was practically bouncing off the walls, he was so excited for her.

"Of course I accepted!" She grinned. Lin connected their lips suddenly, managing to tame his energy level and kiss her gently.

"I'm so proud of you, Phillipa."

author's note! <3 // i hope you enjoyed today's oneshot! i'm finally starting to finish a bunch of one shots that have been sitting, unfinished, for quite some time! there's so many more to come so stay tuned for those :) also, little bit of a disclaimer: i have no idea how acting agencies work so i did a little bit of googling but not that much so i'm sorry if that part doesn't make sense, but nonetheless, i really do hope that you liked it!

requests! <3 // you can pm me requests here (alyssa0135)!

credits! <3 // today's oneshot prompt credits go to pinterest aka my go-to place for prompts :)

abt me! <3 // my name is alyssa and i'm a teenage writer! i am a high school student, but in my free time, i like to write (mostly fanfics and oneshots!)