Mini rant #4

Okay so I'm kinda upset?
I'm moody today- no biggie.

Anyway I wanna rant!
I'm not gonna rant about anything too weird or out of the ordinary but I wanted to rant about this for quite a bit.

Today's topic is about: Eddsworld being a business.

(Edit: please read my comments!)

***

Okay so Eddsworld, by now you should know what it is since I talk about it a lot sjksjs.

But if you don't then go look it up yourselves because I'm too fucking lazy to explain Eddsworld as a whole.

Anyway, let's focus on the topic of the rant.

So Eddsworld is a business now, and yes this is confirmed. You can find it in the official Eddsworld website in the 'about' section.

And well this kinda bugs me a bit.
Well actually not a bit, it bugs me a lot.

Like Eddsworld being a business has some advantages and disadvantages.

***

*Let's go with the advantages:

1) The money they receive from selling merch (or however they get money idk) goes to charity (mainly for cancer patients) (I'm assuming because of Edd, since he died of cancer..)

2) They often help young animators. (I think they do this on Edd's birthday, which is weird but alright-)

3) They support BLM and LGBT. (Which is pretty fucking dope)

..

*And now the disadvantages:

1) Eddsworld doesn't feel like a fun animated series anymore, it feels like some sort of cash grab.

2) The Eddsworld Instagram/Twitter account literally posts random ass holidays such as "Eat a cookie day!" Or "Take your pet on a walk day!" And they do this daily.

3) They have a sponsor, which is Audible.

***

Okay so I bet you're wondering "But Loogi why does something so simple like this bother you so much?"

Well my response to that is:

Is this what Edd would've wanted?

Now I know I know, I've never met Edd in my life (and I never will) so I don't really know what he would've wanted, but Matt does know- they were literally childhood best friends.

So at this point I'm thinking, is Matt doing this because of what Edd would've wanted or is he just doing this because he thinks its a good cause?
Because Eddsworld donating for charity is a really good thing to do, and I hope they don't stop doing that.

But the whole, "oh we have a sponsor now!" And "Check our new posts!" That kinda thing bugs me a lot. It just doesn't sit right with me.

(Edit #3: Like seriously, in every social media Eddsworld is shoving down the new episode down your throat. Like on Instagram the link of the video is on their bio, the even posted the thumbnail insisted that you watch it, on Twitter there's a pinned tweet with the link to the new episode. The Eddsworld Crew has even posted the thumbnail on their own Instagram accounts. Like I get it, Eddsworld has a sponsor. But they don't have shove it done our throats jfc 💀)

For example in the video above. The video is a Valentine's Day special. The video itself is wacky and weird, like most videos that Edd made. And it introduces a new character, and it was actually a pretty funny video.

Now the thing that bugs me about the video (especially since its new) is..

1) The video is short. The video itself lasts long but the problem about it is the 'episode' ends in like half the video. The other half has Matt irl talking about the new sponsor they have, which is Audible.

2) Like I mentioned earlier, I am not happy with the video having a sponsor, it feels so out of place! Like I would've been happier if they just posted about it, instead of adding it in the video.

Like, the video itself is alright, I mean its not something I'm used to but it did get a chuckle outta me. However the sponsor in the video feels so out of place and I just don't like that- hhhh

 However the sponsor in the video feels so out of place and I just don't like that- hhhh

..

Another example I wanted to mention was the Eddsworld Tumblr account.
Eddsworld has an official Tumblr account but they don't use it, only Tom did.

I actually went into the account and decided to see what was posted in it.
So if you go really down you'll see stuff that Edd would reblog, mainly My Little Pony, Futurama and Adventure Time kinda stuff. But he would also answer questions that people asked and he would also take drawing requests. And sometimes he would just randomly post art he did.

But if you go back up you'll see stuff that Tom would post instead. Tom would mostly just reblog fanart and show art from Paul and other animators.

Now Eddsworld does do that nowadays, the whole posting fanart thing. But everything else is just random stuff like holidays and crap. Of course most of that stuff is drawn by the different animators and guest artists but still, it just feels off.

It doesn't feel like something Edd would've wanted.

But like idk man- I never met Edd so idk what he wanted to do with his own creation. Matt's the manager now so he's the one giving the rules. (Even if don't agree, I still respect their choices.)

(Edit #2: Now don't get me wrong, but I don't think Eddsworld was originally going to be a business- after all the series looked more like something Edd created just for fun, not for it to become somewhat of a cashgrab. But what do I know? I didn't create Eddsworld- and I haven't been in the fandom since the beginning so I don't know much-)

***

Anyway that's all-

Byeeeeee
(For now jsjsj)

Word count: 961