Chapter 2

Seri stood rigidly for the longest time while Ri Mu Hyeok's omma held her so tight. It had been the longest time since somebody ever hold her that way, and she seemed to forget on how to bodily respond to it. Seeing her surrounding, she saw that all of his family was smiling warmly at her while the nurse, the doctor and the police were all looking at her as if seeing the most satisfying daytime drama ever.

After seemed like a few hours, his mother finally released her from her embrace and looked at her warmly. His mother rested her hands in Seri's hands.

"Thank you for saving his life," she smiled, "It feels like I finally have my second chance to be in my son's life"

Seri frowned, not really understanding what was going and. She was about to say something when she heard a small commotion in front of her. His grandmother suddenly exclaimed something and the teenage boy next to her was holding her.

"Grandma, are you okay?" he said and directed her to take a seat, "Please take a sit, you've been standing for a long time"

"Is there something wrong with her?" the doctor asked the young boy, who seemed to be Mu Hyeok's little brother. It was the second man in his 60 who answered him.

"It's her heart, doctor," he answered, "She has been having more episodes in the past year"

"My heart is fine," the grandma told them stubbornly, "It's just sometimes it beats in different rhythm"

"That's what they call heart attack mother," Mu Hyeok's mother answered, "Perhaps you should have it checked now mother, while we're in the hospital. Chung Ryeol can accompany you"

Seri only stood there while watching the grandma being escorted by the nurse and Ri Mu Hyeok's father to exit the ICU. The grandma stopped in front of her and cupped her hand on Seri's cheek while smiling warmly.

"You are very pretty, my dear. I'm sure your kids with Mu Hyeok will be very lovely"

Seri almost felt hyperventilated. First the accident, then she just became a fiancé of a man who barely had hold more than 2 sentences with her, and now they were having children. Suddenly she felt the need to sit down herself.

Meanwhile, the rest of the family were questioning the doctor again about Ri Mu Hyeok's condition.

"He is stable, and we don't spot any dangerous or internal bleeding inside his brain," the doctor explained, "However, we have to keep him in ICU until he wakes up. Which, unfortunately with him experienced a hard trauma in the head, I cannot tell for certain when he will wake up"

His omma gasped and caressed her son's hair. "But he looked very peaceful doctor, just like he is sleeping"

The doctor smiled, "That's because there is no issue with his basic system. The best we can do now is to wait for him to wake up while keep a close eye on him. Well, if you have no more questions, I will leave you now. But please, for patient's sake, to have no more than 1 visitor at a time" he gave a look to his family and nodded to them before taking his leave.

Seri thought it was the best time to leave as his mother was telling the rest of his family to go home and to bring her some essentials.

"I guess, I should take my leave then," she started timidly, really not knowing what to call Mu Hyeok's mother for several reason. First, 'mother' was definitely over-reaching and inappropriate. Second, she didn't know her maiden name. Thankfully, Mu Hyeok's mother solved this problem for her.

"Please call me Ma Kim," she offered kindly, "I guess you're not comfortable in calling me mother yet. All of my children's friend call me that"

Seri nodded and smiled in gratitude. She then bowed, realizing that she hadn't done so. Even if her relationship with Mu Hyeok was definitely a sham at this point, it was never a loss to be polite.