Chapter 12

"Good morning baby"

Saints eyes opened slightly with a big yawn, hearing the voice of his favourite person right next to his earn. 

"I know you love sleeping... but if we want to have breakfast together, you sadly have to get up now", Zee said, sitting on the  bed right next to Saint's body and letting his fingers run through the messy bed-hair.

"Thank you for waking me Phi" Saint whispered, slowly sitting up and yawning again before the two of them walked out of their bedroom. 

Around three months after the two of them started dating, well more accurately  - after Saint had slept over for the first time - the younger moved in Zee's house, giving his old apartment back to his parents and using a free room in the house as his atelier. Well to be perfectly honest, his painting could be found everywhere in the house, so his real atelier was more like their entire living space.

"Wahh... you made pancakes?" Saints eyes started to sparkle and he jumped on Zee, making the professor laugh out loud.

"Of course I made them... today is an important day. And I know how much you love my pancakes."

Saint quickly nodded, stealing a kiss from the older before sitting down at the table, the two of them starting to eat. There was to occasional small talk between the bites, mostly Zee asking if there was anything additional he should bring, while Saint only asked him out about today's lectures.

"Well I found a colleague who will take over my afternoon lectures and I will bring my change of clothes, so that I am there on time" Zee explained, nomming the last piece with nutella on it, before putting his knife and fork down.

"But remember Phi, you are not allowed to go in the showroom until it starts."

"Why aren't you telling me what they will be about?" Zee asked halfheartedly, having tried to get that information for more than two months by now, but Saint just wouldn't answer him.  His husband had even forbidden him to look up the exhibition online,  so that he still didn't know the name. Oh yea and access to the painting room in their house had been prohibited for half a year by now. 

"It's a secret", the younger only said with a smile, before putting the plates in the dishwasher and getting the bag of his husband, as well as his suit for later tonight.

"Here Phi... you have to leave now or else you'll be late for the lecture... " the younger scolded him and they exchanged a long loving kiss and a hug, before Zee walked out the door for work.

Saint sighed, slowly going upstairs to the atelier and opening the door, a huge painting standing leaned against the wall: the pain piece of his exhibition.

Meeting Zee back then... had changed everything for him. It was almost as if all the colour came back to his life and looked brighter and more beautiful than ever before.  The professor would take him to many different places, always having colours and small frames with him, so that they could just doodle or paint a bit. Well... Saint surely understood why his, now husband, had studied chemistry and not art - the older wasn't really the best in drawing, but he always gave his best and made the younger laugh. It was the first time... after many years that he could enjoy drawing again. And the longer they were together, the more he did.

Zee was there for every important or unimportant day, for every exhibition, for every celebration and especially when Saint graduated - his number one supporter was always beside him. 

Today, two years after his graduation and around half a year after their wedding, it was Saint's big day again: his first complete solo exhibition. And well... it was more than that...

.

.

.

"You still didn't tell him?" Mew asked in confusion, currently helping to set up the last things in the exhibition, while talking with Saint.