Turpin - (1) ⚖️

Jealous series part 3

You and Turpin were there to enjoy as husband and wife, sitting together and watching Mozart's piece while holding each other's hands. You suddenly felt sick so you let go of Turpin's hand and couched.

"I need some fresh air" you mumbled.

Turpin stood in the box and took your arm.

"No, it's fine. I can go by myself, I know how much you enjoy Mozart." William looked down at you with a worried face. "It's fine" you mumbled. Another wave of sick filled you. "I will just be a moment"

"If you feel as if you don't need my presence" he said

"Yes I will just be a moment" you felt the sick in your throat as you quickly walked toward the exit of the box, down the stairs, onto the foyer and out of the doors, the workers looking at you strangely. You doubled over and breathed, the fresh air not helping your sickness. You gagged and couched, trying to keep the sick down.

"Ma'am?" a person asks. You turn around to see one of the workers of the opera house looking at you worried. "Ma'am do you need water?"

"Yes please" you stuttered, gagging again.

"Follow me" he said. You followed him, your stomach churning in pain. You buckled and swallowed the sick.

You were lead to a backroom and he got a glass of water, you shook as you drank the water, your stomach was just turning and churning.

"Do you need anything else Ma'am?" he asked as you drank the water.

You shook your head and sighed, your stomach still churned however the water helped to keep the sick down. You stood for a little while, breathing while the busboy watched you worried. After a while, you stood up straight and looked at the worker. "Thank you" you said with a smile.

"Is there anything else you need?" he asked.

"No, I think I will go back to the opera" you said.

"You are in a box aren't you" he said. "We could go together and I could take you to dinner?"

"I am sorry but no" you said, "Thank you for the water" you walked out of the room and into the foyer.

The worker went after you, following you up the stairs. "But I helped you" he said. "Please, if you are still feeling ill I could take you to a doctor and for a meal which could calm your stomach"

"I said no, I am married" you said.

"So?" he asked. "Your husband was not with you when you were feeling sick"

"I said that he could stay"

"A gentleman would always stay with his lady" he said.

You turned the corner and bumped into William. "What the- oh (y/n) dear"

The worker kept saying your praises until he turned the corner to see Turpin holding you in his arms. Turpin looked at you, immediately seeing he was the one who he heard talking when he was walking down from the box.

"What are you staring at flaperdoodle?" he asked harshly. "I heard what you were saying, I could have you arrested for this. Now get away before I act on my words"

The boy quickly ran off and you looked up at William. "Thank you" you mumbled.

"Your mine young one" he muttered. He pulled you toward the entrance and out into the dark street. "Is your stomach feeling better?" he asked as you got into the carriage.

"Yes" you said.

"Did you lead the boy on?" Turpin asked.

"He offered me water and I took his offer but I said no to his advances" you explained.

Turpin frowned. "Then I should have gone with you" he said. "People should know you are taken" you nodded and he smirked. "Good girl" he whispered and brought you into a hug as the carriage moved back to the house.