12

Time Skip—Approximately Two Years Later

Percy's POV

The war was tough on everyone, especially Percy and Zoë. First there was the labyrinth, where they met Daedalus. There was a long quest; one which involved deep mazes, rather frightening snake-dragon ladies, and insane, obese sons of Poseidon and Gaea. Overall, the quest was a success; they stopped Luke from launching an attack on Camp Half-Blood from the inside, but they really only slowed Kronos down. Percy knew for a fact that Kronos had many more tricks up his sleeve, and that the war was far from over.

Nico convinced Percy to bathe in the Styx (Zoë became his anchor, obviously) in order to become almost entirely invulnerable, like Luke was. Like progressed, as did Percy's and Zoë's relationship. Nearly everyone knew of the relationship between them, and only an idiot wouldn't notice. Since Zoë lacked a cabin, Chiron (reluctantly) permitted Zoë to stay with Percy, and allowed and exception to the rule about a boy and a girl being in the same cabin alone.

They never did anything (Percy had to much respect for Zoë to try something like that), but they would often wake up in the same bed, not really knowing how they got there. Although, neither complained because they actually liked being that close to their other half.

Eventually, the time came.

It started with a search and destroy with Beckendorf—they were supposed to blow up Luke's yacht, the Princess Andromeda. Sadly, they were discovered quickly, and only Percy was able to get off the ship was alive. Beckendorf sacrificed himself to blow up the ship, most likely killing hundreds—maybe even a thousand—monsters with the Greek fire containers that were strapped to the engines. Percy recovered in Atlantis, and was astonished to see what how terrible his father's condition was.

Percy remembered how his usual dark hair was grey and withered, and his sea green eyes were dark and exhausted whirlpools. Percy knew that a god's condition reflected the condition of his domain, so Percy figured the situation with Oceanus was worse that he let on. He had a quick meeting with Amphitrite—she was more interested in his girlfriend than the war itself—and said a quick goodbye to Triton before returning to the surface.

After he bathed in the Styx, Percy and the other older demigods of the camp raced to defend Olympus, while the other Olympians fought to slow Typhon from reaching Olympus. Poseidon fought his own war down in Atlantis, struggling to hold back that massive army or Oceanus that had been amassed over thousands of years, including the lethal Kraken. For the time being, Poseidon was occupied, and would not be able to assist his fellow Olympians in slowing the massive storm known as Typhon.

Percy and the others fought for hours on end against the oncoming horde of monsters and enemy demigods. Percy ended up bribing two river gods, who then sank the incoming ships in Kronos's army.

With the naval threat out of the way, Percy went to one of the bridges, on which Zoë took a poisoned knife for him—one that would have hit his Achilles heel. Needless to say, Percy went on an automated destructive rampage, practically decimating the entire regiment of monsters on the bridge, including the Minotaur. He channeled his ire into each and every strike, making each one more powerful than the last. Eventually, Kronos retreated down the bridge, and a brave son of Apollo sacrificed himself to blow it to smithereens.

Later on, when the group of demigods was about to be killed, Nico managed to convince Hades to rise to their defense. The Lord of the Dead and his skeletal armies drove through the ranks of Kronos's army, destroying large numbers of soldiers. Soon afterward, the Party Ponies arrived, chasing parts of the army away with Nerf guns, silly string spray cans, and paintball guns.

However, their element of surprise didn't last long. Kronos eventually pushed them farther back, forcing Percy and Zoë to retreat to the throne room to defend the seats of power, as well as Bessie, from Kronos. Right before Kronos reached the throne room, Percy sat on Poseidon's throne, risking being incinerated.