Chapter 02

"Okay...ARCADE TIME." He said.

"What?"

"It's time to go to the arcade and beat your ass in a game of skeeball."

"And what makes you think you're going to win?"

"The fact that you suck and I don't." He gave out a little smirk.

"Well let's see about that."

We raced to the nearest arcade and quickly rushed to the skeeball machines. Luke already had 100 credits on his FUN CARD from the last time we came, so we had no problem playing any games we wanted as we walked through the door. Or in this case...ran through the door.

At the end of the game, I won by 200 points.

"I let you win." Luke said as he crossed his arms and looked into space with his mockingly tearful eyes.

"OH, shut up. You jerk." I pushed his shoulder to catch his attention.

"But I'm your jerk." And with that phrase, I was speechless. He was my jerk, no one's jerk, but mine. He caught my eyes and I caught his. We stood without a word, for seconds of minutes. I found my world in his eyes and I hope that he found his world in mine, but that was impossible. 

"It's getting late. We should go." I took a deep breath and stepped back.

"Wait." He stood there so long without saying anything, I wondered if something was wrong. "Umm...I...believe that you still cheated." We burst out laughing for the stupidest reason, but i enjoyed every second it. He wiped a tear of joy off my cheek and I turned away really quickly, not wanting to him to see me blush.

"Hey, wanna know something?" he asked.

"Sure."

"I love you, Rach." But I knew what he meant: I love you as a best friend.

"I love you, too." But I meant it. I meant it as: You are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

He drove me and we talked about the weirdest things that popped into our heads. We talked about how, when we read about gods, we think wine and how fireworks could be little stars bottled up, but once they popped it was because fire was the closest thing to a sun. But all I could think of was how in love I was with this creature of pure beauty.

These past few hours has to be the hardest of my life. It was funny how, after years of friendship, I barely realized I fell in love with my best friend.

"So tell me, how can I get a girl's attention?" He smiled.

"Why?" I replied in pure wonderment, not having a clue what was to come next.

"Because there is this really cool girl at school and I kinda wanna get to know her, but she doesn't notice me."

And at that moment, I swear I heard my heart break a little. Insecurity filled my thoughts and surprisingly, speech did not fill my lungs.

So, sorry it took me so long to update.

But i hope this doesn't completely suck.