ⅰ︎. 60 seconds➊︎

[𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦/60 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘴 ]

★︎✩︎✮︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎▃︎✮︎✩︎★︎

TONI RAMIREZ TRULY BELIEVED IN THE SAYING 'LIVE LIFE WITH NO REGRETS'. She believed in living life to the fullest, ever since she was asked the question. The question that she was asked as a preteen, but would still be able to quotes it the way she quoted 'tangled'. The same very question that forced her to question the way she was living. The question that she would think about every time before implementing a potentially dangerous idea.

"If you had 60 seconds left to live, would you want to change anything, would you have any regrets"

And from that moment on, she was believed to be spontaneous. She was free.

Well, that's what she wanted people to think.

It was true, to an extent. There was no doubt that Toni Ramirez was spontaneous. It was those random nights in which she would just call her friends early in the morning to watch the sunrise with food, something that gave her more satisfaction than sitting at home watching tangled for the billionth time (although she did enjoy that immensely). It was the day she decided to go for a road trip without any idea of where she was going, before arriving there and letting the realization set in that there was nothing there. It was the day she convinced all of her friends to join her in the death-wish she considered an enjoyable activity- skydiving.

That all proved that she was spontaneous, but alas she was not free.

The clueless citizens that believed contrary to that fact didn't witness those days that were consisted of a certain numbness taking the maximum capacity of the mind. They didn't have the heavy burden of being a spectator of the effects of her depression - the feeling of helplessness being common with the onlookers that believe that the decision isn't even a choice to be there.

The tourists believed what they saw on the surface. The breathtaking girl that was nothing short of glorious. They saw the star cheerleader of her team during a competition. They saw the teenaged girl surfing with all her friends in the sea without a care in the world. They didn't see the comparison of Toni at her highest, and then again at her lowest. They didn't need to. They chose to ignore most problems. They opted to not even bother to acknowledge the homeless locals living in poverty.
I mean why would they, I mean when you ignore the problem long enough it disappears right? No. It was not a magic trick that would fool the public's eyes. But at the same time, it was.