2

A/N-  Sorry I've updated late I was always about to do it then I'd have to do something. I'm going to post about once a week. Sorry for any spelling or gramma issues. I hope you like it.

~

The Box came back up.

Natalie had no idea what to expect from this as she hadn't seen the metal enclosure that looked like it was from a horror film in weeks. It had gone back down a few hours after she had taken everything out and she didn't know what to do. 

It was coming back up.

She climbed up into her treehouse so she could have a good view but couldn't be seen.

A dark skinned boy pocked his head out, tears streaming down his face. He was around Nat's age but had a better build. She decided that he didn't look much of a threat so carefully Nat climbed down the ladder and introduced herself softly as to not startle him.

"Hello, I'm Nat-" she couldn't even finish her sentence when the boy screamed.

"Hey! Calm down it's alright! I ain't gonna bloody kill you am I!"

"Where'd you come from?" It was only a moment of fright.

"Uh well... I came from that tree but if you wanna know about the birds and the bees then-" she replied frowning.

"I'm good thanks. Where am I?" He looked around curiously.

"I haven't exactly figured that out yet. I've been here for about a month now. I was alone. No one here at all. So I just made a home for myself. Outside those walls is a maze, so I called this place the glade," the boy just nodded, "What's your name?"

"I- uh, I don't remember. I can't remember anything!" he was really getting freaked out now, "why can't I-"

"Hey chill! No need to get freaked! I can't remember anything either but your name will comeback soon," she smiled warmly, " you wanna make a house for yourself? Tree or ground." 

"I don't like heights," he replied.

"Ground it is then. Chop chop let's get to work," Nat was happy that someone else was here. No more playing chess alone.

~

After a long day of building Nat and the boy sat down and had a drink- one of Nat's recipes.

"I've been quite lonely here without anyone to talk to," she sighed," I guess that's all going to change now." 

"It sure is." then he suddenly gasped causing him to inhale droplets of the unknown drink. Nat started violently patting him on the back.

"You good?" she asked when he had stopped.

"I- I remember my name." he looked shocked. "I'm Alby. My name is Alby!" 

Natalie beamed. "Welcome to the glade Alby. I think this calls for a celebratory top up!"

"It sure does!"

They carried on celebrating until nightfall was long gone.

~

A white room. Keyboards clicking. The occasional cough or shuffle of paper. A woman in a white lab coat walked over to the other side of the room where a man was sitting. Eyes fixed on the screen in front of him.

"This is good. They haven't killed each other. This should work," the man leaned back in his chair. 

"Yet. We can't have this plan come crashing down like the last," the woman had a stern look in her eye," I will not loose them again!" she turned on her heel and left.

A/N- you can expect the next chapter in a week if I have time and ideas. Please let me know if you want me to do stuff and please vote and comment. Thanks! <3