Prologue.

TITLE: sweetheart
GENRE(s): fanfiction
SUBGENRE(s): romance, comedy
RATING: mature

faux tags: age gap; dentist!mark lee; college!jisung; childhood sweetheart; gay!jisung; bisexual!mark; side couple!renhyuck; slight sexual content

notes/warning: beware of grammatical and typographical errors; bad english, not my first language; cliché
-

"Hey, Mark? Someone left this on the waiting area," Mark's co-worker tells him while holding a bouquet of tulips. "There's a note but no indication of who sent this."

Mark hesitately grabs the bouquet from his co-worker's hold. He nods at her before gesturing her to leave his office.

He stares at it before noticing the note. Eyebrows are furrowed as he unstuck the note from the bouquet.

hey, minhyung ♡

how are you? it's been so long. i hope you like these tulips. or do you want my lips instead? *winks*

"Who the heck are these from? And why would I want your lips?" He hisses and places the bouquet on his table as well as the note.

He twirls on his swivel chair and notices the small box on the corner of his office. He creases his forehead before standing up to get the box. He goes back to the chair and sighs.

He opens the box and saw his old stuff when he was in Canada. He picks up a book and smiles. It was his favorite book that he would always read when he's bored, even though he already read it many times.

"The Little Prince," he mumbles, placing down the book on the table.

He then picks up a photo frame and stares at it. It was a picture of him with a boy shorter than him. They were both smiling on the picture, Mark's arm wrapped around the boy's shoulder and the boy is holding up a peace sign.

"I miss him." He points at the boy's face, and sighs. "His cute face, his pretty laughs, and the way he calls me whenever he wants to play with me. I wonder how he's doing now?"

"Mark! You have a visitor!"

"Mark Lee!"

He looks at the door and rolls his eyes. He already knows who's this visitor just by hearing that annoying voice.

He puts back the photo frame in the box as well as the book. He then closes the box and kicks it gently towards the corner, where he picked it up earlier.

As if on cue, a guy suddenly barges in his office as he sits uncomfortably on his swivel chair. "What the fuck!" he voices out.

"Wow! Is that how you greet your friend?" The guy rolls his eyes.

"Donghyuck, what are you doing here?" Mark asks, frowning at his friend. "Aren't you supposed to be on a date with your boyfriend today?"

Donghyuck grunts, "He ditched me! He fucking ditched me to finish his commission." He stamps his foot on the ground.

Mark laughs loudly, "Good for you."

"You're so mean." Donghyuck pouts. He suddenly glances at the bouquet of tulips on Mark's office table. He teasingly smirks, "Hey! I didn't know you have an admirer. Who's the unlucky person?"

Mark rolls his eyes so hard. "I don't know. They didn't write on their note who they are." He crosses his arms on his chest.

"Mark has an admirer!" Donghyuck teases more, "I never knew someone would like you," he jokes.

"Now, you're mean. And it's Mark hyung to you." He glares at Donghyuck. "Get out of here! Just go to your boyfriend's house."

"I'm upset. I couldn't believe he really ditched me for his commission." Donghyuck huffs, blowing his bangs away from his eyes.

"Whatever! Just get out. I have a patient later," Mark tells his friend and Donghyuck just rolls his eyes before leaving his office.

He turns around to face the bouquet of flowers on his table. He stares at it, pursing his lips. "I can't believe someone would give me this. But please, at least tell me your name." He sighs and absentmindedly picks up the note that is stuck on the table.
-