Say My Name

Just when I thought I was going to tease him, have fun trying to seduce him, the bitch goes and kisses him. She looked at me, I saw it. It was deliberate, she wanted me to see it, that witch. What came as a surprise though, was the fact that it actually hurt me. I felt the sharp pain like a dagger through my heart, it fucking hurt me to see him kissing another woman. That was the first time ever. One thing is knowing about his Don Juan fame, another completely different thing is seeing it with my own eyes.

My heart races, my breathing quickens and there's the knot in my throat strangling me. I feel my eyes pooling with tears about to fall, if I blink, they'll roll down my face, so I fight it. I decide it's better to run off to the ladies' room to shed the inevitable tears in privacy. I won't give his woman that satisfaction, the taste of my tears, the victory they represent.

As I rush away from the scene, I bump into someone. I look up and instantly recognize the friendly smile.

"Oh my God! Anna! It's you! I thought you were not coming. Long time no see!" She just wouldn't stop speaking, until she took in the misery on my facial expression. "Now wait, what's happened?" She takes a look around and sees what I've seen. It was Kitty. I told her unnecessarily what was bugging me. Before I knew it, Emma was also there. Both of them all over me, they always helped me out with Remy related drama. I guess it always makes them feel like they are better, useful friends.

"The bitch! If I were you, I'd go there, sit on his lap, throw my arms around his neck and ask him how he's been." Emma said.

"No, don't do that! He'll feel like his worth your time, and he isn't." Kitty expressed her disapproval of Emma's antics. "I bet it hurts that he has moved on and brought his new lady along to our gala, but come on, Anna. You're free to kiss anyone here tonight. Show him how much fun it is not having to carry his dead weight around. The burden it was, your love for him." She continued. I'm not quite sure I agree with her, we had fun times.

"Badmouthing him won't help, Kitty. It never did. If anything, it will make her even the more attracted to him." Emma offered. "Besides, he's got a cute piece of ass. I don't blame her."

"Guys, you're not helping." I said. But the truth is they were, their bitching at least made my urge to cry to go away. It was entertaining and it definitely got me distracted. I managed to swerve our conversation to less polemic topics, champagne found us and we were sipping happily from our flutes of bubbly, I was pinching the stem between my index finger and thumb, very ladylike. I was feeling proud of myself and my nonchalance after almost breaking down in tears minutes earlier. But the show I had put up was to be short-lived as he approached us. Uninvited, unannounced.

"Good evening, ladies." He said, all charm and swagger, he snaked an arm around my waist and kissed me lightly on my cheek. He greeted the other ladies with kisses on their cheeks as well, but kept one hand steady on my waist all the while.

"Hi, Gambit." Kitty said uninterested, I whispered a little 'Hi'.

"So your owner let you out of your leash for you to go and have a quick pee?" Emma asked him with a raised eyebrow. I spit out the drink and almost choked laughing, letting all my façade of indifference go to waste. He responded to her question as he always reacts to anything, flashing his lopsided smirk.

"You could say that, blondie."

"It's all right, Emma. She's marked her territory already, there's nothing to worry about." I said, referring to her kissing him earlier, he didn't make any questions and understood what I was talking about.