Chapter 4 - Nervous?

Skye's POV

An incoming call ruined my attempt at beating Nate's high score on Temple Run. He let me play on his phone and I had to resist the urge to go through his contacts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that type of person...I just don't want my feelings played with, especially not with the reputation Nate has.

"Nate," I whispered "Shawn's calling". He groaned, shoving his face into my chest. I tried wiggling him off but his pleased reaction told me it wasn't working. "Stop!" I giggled, finally being able to push him off me. He smirked, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"Answer it, babe." He finally said, getting up to check his hair out in the mirror.

Pressing the green button, I held the phone up to my ear. "Cutie! What's up?" I chimed.

"Nate, bruh, I'm about to drop off the stuff. Are you sure you're gonna tell her?...hello?" I pulled the phone away from my ear to look at the screen in confusion. I hadn't realized I accidentally pressed the mute button.

"Shawn?" I asked again. He mumbled something under his breath.

"Skye...? You heard all that...didn't you..." I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Is Nate sure he's gonna tell me what, Shawn?" This time, Nate snapped his head back to look at me.

"Can you put Nate on the phone, please?" Nate took a few steps towards me. He reached for the phone, but I spun around, facing my back towards him and folding my arms.

"No, not until you tell me."

"Skye, the phone please." Nate begged. I lifted a finger, telling him to stay quiet.

"Yeah, give him the phone."

Before I could fight back, I felt a pair of hands plant themselves on my waist and spin me around, then a pair of lips crash onto mine. I didn't pull away, nor did he. I placed my hands on his arms, feeling his muscles. Damn, was he perfect. I tried pulling away, no matter how much I wanted to stay in that moment forever. He noticed my resistance and smiled against my lips. "Can I get the phone now?" I returned his smile, looking into his hazel green eyes. "Uh..um..uhuh" were the only things I could get my mouth to say. For the first time in my life, I was speechless from a kiss. As I sat on the edge of my bed, I watched Nate pace back and forth, like he was nervous. He carefully ran a finger through his hair, then looked up to study my face. A smile slowly crept onto his lips after he muttered "Yeah, I think I'm ready." into the line. I smiled back at him, my mind racing trying to imagine what they're talking about.

"So I do make you nervous Skye." Nate asked from my room while I changed in my walk-in closet.

"And what makes you think that, Nathan?" I asked back. I admit, I do kinda go shy schoolgirl around him at times and he makes me...happy.

"Well you were at a loss for words when I kissed you." I could hear the smirk in his tone and I rolled my eyes, feeling my cheeks burn up.

"That does not mean anything!" I giggled. "Besides, I bet I can make you just as nervous." He chuckled at this idea.

"Prove it." I took a quick glance at myself in the mirror after slipping on my red heels. The short black dress we bought earlier outlined my curves and made me look almost perfect. I combed my fingers through my black hair then flipped some over my shoulder.

My fingers clasped around the closet door handle, debating whether or not I should change into jeans or something. I decided not to. I have a point to prove.

I slowly pushed the door open to see Nate texting someone. His eyes looked up to meet mine then roamed my body. He froze and dropped his phone on the bed. I blushed hard. He opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't. I smiled, trying to keep my balance on the heels, making my way towards him.

"Nate. Stop undressing me with your eyes." His cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "I-I-Im sorry."

"Guess what? I made you nervous." I teased, seeing him react with shock. I grabbed his hand and he interlaced our fingers.

I don't know what this feeling was, but it was taking over me little by little. It clouded my thoughts and all I could think about was him. No matter how hard I tried distancing myself from this sex god sitting before me, I couldn't stay away. I like him and he likes me. I mentally admonished myself for trying to build walls. How will I ever grow without taking risks? Now that your feelings are finally sorted, can we get on with this date? My subconscious was tapping her foot, arms crossed over her chest.

"Ready?" I asked, looking into his mossy green eyes.

He swallowed, before replying with a stutter. "Y-yeah I'm....I'm ready."