ClockWorks 01: Akashi

~o0o0o~

ClockWorks 01

Akashi

-The toy that woke up from his long slumber –

~o0o0o~

(I recommend listening to ‘Nutcracker’ while reading this part)

After hearing the clicking of the door, ‘Akashi’ gradually smiled. There was happiness in the simplest ways Kuroko did to him. It was so simple yet it was enough to give him warmth inside those nuts and bolts. His two hands twitched closed and open—repeatedly until the motion was smooth. The same method was done with opening and closing his eyes. The shoulders rolled counter-clockwise motion then he stretched his arms forward.

With a slight push, ‘Akashi’ landed on the floor, falling like the toy he was in the process. His knees buckled as he tried to stand up. He wobbled to the table leg and stayed like that until he wasn’t wobbling anymore.

He stretched his limbs to get his joint functioning. He contracted his arms then relaxed. Contract… Relax… Contract… Relax… Until the movements seized to move in a robotic manner.

Akashi’  tilted his head left and right with a smile filled with complete happiness. His hands slowly made its way up to the mouth painted with a smile.

“E…gao…” He slowly said. His voice was rusty due to the long time he was being stuck to just a toy for display. “S…S… Smile…” He repeated. Something inside him started to beat, making his other hand slowly make its way up to his chest. “Haa…ppy…” Not a moment to lose, ‘Akashi’s smile shifted into a grin as he knew what was going to happen next.

“A…Ka-Ka-Ka-Ka-shiiii..!”

Steam seeped out of the toy. His limbs grew longer and became ‘fleshier’, the clothes also grew in size to match the sudden growth, and soon enough, he turned into human.

(Ib- Memory)

From Kuroko’s room, he could hear the gentle sounds of the music boxes he made. The sound was gentle yet so lonely. It reminded him of the times when he would help people and get nothing in return. Along those lines, it reminded him of the other times when people came to forget him.

That was already a given that he’s the type to be easily forgotten, but he’s also human, and he can feel the pain of being forgotten. It made him feel lonely. So lonely that the memories of the past resurfaced and replayed along with the gentle sound of the music box.

He tucked himself further inside the bed sheets and pressed the pillows to his ears. I don’t want to hear any of those! He mentally shouted. Faint voices from his memory already played without his consent.

Images of the fading smile of his mother, the missing warm hug of his father, and even the neglected understanding coming from his grandmother appeared right before him—how he wanted those feelings to come back. Those sensations bore a hole in his chest.

Of course, there were children who frequently visit his shop but it was always rarely that someone actually buys something.

But in all actuality, no one seriously knew his name. It was just the common ‘Puppet Maker-san’ and sometimes ‘Onii-chan’—whichever the party decides.

By then, Kuroko realized that there was an intruder in his shop. He kicked off the bed sheets and sat up straight. His face was filled with internal turmoil upon knowing his thoughts. He swooped his feet out of the bed and onto the cold floor. The floor eerily creaked with every step Kuroko took.