ClockWorks 03: Time Lapse

~o0o0o~

ClockWorks 03

Time Lapse

-“Thank you… I’m sorry… See you later.”-

~o0o0o~

“… Tetsuya… Y-You don’t remember me..?” Akashi’s eyes widened in disbelief. He gradually released his hold on Kuroko’s hands. The moment the teal haired male shook his head, Akashi shut his eyes tight. “Didn’t you call me by my last name… the first time you talked to me..?”

“I said, ‘I guess I’ll name you Akashi’. I believe this is the first time.” Kuroko bluntly responded.

Stabbing pain pierced Akashi’s heart. It cannot be possible—it was far by impossible. How can it even happen? Akashi felt like he was falling into an endless hole. He placed his hands over Kuroko’s shoulders. “You’re lying.”

“No I am not.”

Akashi gritted his teeth, “YOU’RE LYING!” He shouted. He hugged the teal haired male, tightly as if Akashi feared that Kuroko might go away. “You are Kuroko Tetsuya. You’ve been alive for more or less a hundred years—just like me! You were always forgotten because of the curse the witch gave you. AND! All of the knick-knacks here are the children you’ve deceived!”

 Kuroko forcefully pushed aside Akashi. The shorter male’s eyes held both fear and surprise for Akashi’s statement. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Lies.

 Kuroko turned around. He looked at the hands he used for pushing Akashi.

They were shaking, and Kuroko doesn’t know why. He coughed into his fist and said, “Please go further inside. I’m opening the shop for today…” Regardless of the fact that Kuroko was still wearing his night wear, he went for the door and unlatched the lock.

Click!

The lock was latched again.

“I’m telling you the truth, Tetsuya.” Akashi said, only to be ignored by Kuroko. Said teal haired male huffed in annoyance then proceeded with opening the windows, only to be mysteriously closed again. “Don’t ignore me.” The shorter male clicked his tongue (to which Akashi raised a brow at) then decided to just go back in to his room to change, only to be shut close just before Kuroko could get in. “Are you running away?”

Kuroko clenched his hand into a fist, “What are you talking about, Akashi-kun?” The shorter male remained staring at the door infront of him. “I am not running away.” Despite his words, his eyes showed pain in some sorts he couldn’t understand. Why did it feel painful even though he has no idea? Why was there something strangling inside him? It was so suffocating—so much that he couldn’t bring himself to breath properly. He plainly doesn’t know yet something within him reacted with Akashi’s words.

Akashi’s hands went past Kuroko’s head slammed it against the door, leaving the shorter male with no escape routes. “Are you sure?” Akashi lowly whispered.

“I… have no idea…” Kuroko weakly replied. He slowly went down to the cold floor and held his two hands together. He made it look like as if he was holding something very dear as he brought it up to his face. “… I believe that I told you that I only have fragments of my memory.” Kuroko’s face was the same expression he used to wear when he deceived children… It was filled with so much sadness and loneliness. “I can’t even remember the faces of my family… only their actions remain.”