Learning names

"Hey Newt take her to a hut maybe and empty one of you can" this came from a dark skinned boy .
"Course Alby" replied Newt
"C'mon Greenie I will show you around the glade"
The glade so that's what it was called.
Newt and the new girl walk in silence until Newt says "Most of us sleep on hammocks outside but there is a free hut for you to use at the moment just so that the boys know you need more privacy"
"Uh..Thanks I think" she responded quietly.
As they were walking towards the hut she realised loads of people were staring at her and whispering all of a sudden she felt out of place.
Soon they reached her hut and everything popped back into place almost as though someone had whispered it right into her ear
"I REMEMBER"  She shouted, Newt looked confused at the sudden shouting but he just said "what? You already remember your name?"
"Yes, yes my name is Eloise but people call me Elle for short" Eloise responded, Newt was a bit confused at how she had remembered her name so suddenly but he brushed it off and said "Well it's lovely to meet you Elle"
Elle looked very proud of herself.
They entered the hut and Elle had never smelt such weird smells before all at once it had a musty sent but it also smelt fruity which isn't the nicest smell when it's mixed with a musty scent.
Newt could read my face and said "I know it's not much but they seem to have sent stuff up so you can do your room up nicely"
Elle agrees with Newt "yeah it hasn't got the best smell" Newt chuckles quickly and then he stops when he hears a knock on the door a voice comes from outside "Hey we could use your help!"
Newt remembers what he is meant to be doing "Yes just coming Minho" he looks at Elle and says "Minho is a runner he is usually busy in the maze but everyone is having a break because it was a bit of a shock when a girl turned up"
Elle looks up to see how close Newt is standing in front of her when she backs a way a bit and says "ha yeah must have been a shock, um should we go help the others?" Without waiting for a response she walks out of the hut and Newt follows her