𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

SARA IS STAYING WITH EMILY FOR A WHILE

Aria really fucked up. She told the police she saw Andrew in the dollhouse. She's convinced it's him. I'm not so sure anymore. I understand why Aria wants to believe it's him. Hell, I want to believe it too.

Emily called me this morning. Sara told Emily it's not Andrew. I feel as though Sara's word is a little more viable than anyone else's given she was down there for so long. I was locked in there for over a month. I can't imagine 2 years.

Jason has been staying over with me. He's currently in the bathroom.

"She doesn't believe it's him." Emily said.

"I don't know if I believe it's him either. It doesn't make sense. Nothing does."

"I know you don't want to talk about this but we're gonna need to talk to Jason."

I sighed. "I know."

We hung up. Today is supposed to be our first day back at school. I personally am not ready but I don't want to be the only one who doesn't go. Jason knows it too.

When he came back in, he was in work attire. He saw me staring at the wall. I was lost in my thoughts.

"How about you come to work with me and you can go to school tomorrow?" He offered.

"But the girls-"

"They'll understand." He continued and saw I wasn't convinced. "I'll get you those mozzarella sticks you like from the grille."

I shrugged and sighed. One more day won't hurt.

"Fine." I finally said and he reached out his hand for me. I texted the girls and told them. Turns out the only other one who is actually going to school is Hanna.

The car ride was silent. Jason understood. He didn't pry or try and get me to talk. I appreciated it.

"Thank you." I said softly.

"For what?"

"Being so patient. I-I'm not used to being so weak-"

"Bella, you're not weak. What you went through in there- I don't even know where to begin. What matters is you came out alive."

"Then why do I feel so dead inside? A part of me died in there. I-I don't feel like myself."

"You were trapped in an underground bunker for over a month. It's going to take a while for things to feel normal again." He assured me. He then took my hand in his and kissed the top of it.

***

I was sitting at the office with Jason. Spencer sent me a text saying she was on her way over. We needed to talk about Charles. She was right as much as I didn't want to admit it.