𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 4

WE WATCHED THAT VIDEO OVER AND OVER

WE WATCHED THAT VIDEO OVER AND OVER. It just didn't feel real.

"He pushed her, didn't he?" Aria asked.

"And all that mumbling and groaning, maybe she was gripping the ground because she was-" Hanna started but Spencer cut her off as soon as she sensed where she was going.

"Looking for a weapon to defend herself?"

"Why are you snapping at me? I'm trying to give your creepy brother an out." Hanna told her.

"In-law, okay? Ian is my creepy brother-in-law." Spencer corrected.

"Okay, whatever he is, he just married your sister, and he might be a killer on top of being a pedophile." I spoke.

"This definitely proves he was with her the night she died." Emily added. Yeah, among other things.

"Can we just watch the video one more time and figure out what they're saying?" Hanna asked. I don't think I can stomach it another time.

"No, please, I can't watch this again." Emily begged. Glad i'm not the only one.

"Yeah, Em's right. Let's just give it a rest." Aria let out.

"Is anyone else freezing?" Emily asked as she rubbed her arms.

Spencer stood up. "I'll make hot chocolate."

"Hot chocolate? What is this, Camp Tamarack? We can't sit around singing 'Kumbaya'. We have to hand over that video." Hanna retorted.

"What video?" Ian asked as he walked in. That did not just happen.

I looked over to see Spencer's laptop still open with Ian's face as the thumbnail.

"Uh, Hanna rented 'Tootsie', but she left it at home." I quickly replied. It was all I could come up with on the spot.

"You're welcome to hang with us in the barn. Melissa picked some chick-flick on demand." He paused and looked at Spencer. "Where do we keep the popcorn?"

"That drawer." Spencer pointed.

Hanna, Aria, Emily, and I were trying to gesture to the computer with his back turned but Spencer didn't pick up on it.

Ian saw the weird glances we were making, and I thought we were busted. "What's up? Did I walk into the middle of a chick-flick?" When we didn't reply, he spoke again. "Okay, I get it. No guys allowed."

Spencer finally shut the laptop. My heart is beating out of my chest.

Ian finally took the hint and left. I let out a deep breath.

"God, that was close. Spencer, how can you even sleep here knowing he's living in your backyard?" Aria asked.

"We have to give that tape to the police. Tonight." Emily told her.