Introduction

Adoptee's notes: As you most likely knew going into this book, I adopted it from the venerable Otto, a.k.a. justhereforbad. Otto has always been an author that I admire, both for his bold and creative subject matters and for his excellent style, so I was glad to adopt a book of his and work with his wonderful idea horde. The first seven chapters were written entirely by Otto, although I edited them a bit so that they would be able to flow into the final half of the book. Please visit his profile in order to read the true original chapters, as I butchered them for the sake of my own preferences.

Please give all your love to Otto, because without his outline and planning, I would have had no idea what to do. Apart from a few minor shufflings around and some different opportunities for character development, I am using the outline that Otto had prepared. I wanted to write a story that Otto would enjoy: that is the main purpose of this book.

And please also, go and visit the profiles of
Blueberrytrivia
fandom_follower
Who all collectively make up my editing team for this book. I deeply appreciate the work they did on this! (If your name isn't listed here, and you did some work, please let me know, because I lost some names in DMs and some didn't reply, so I don't know who exactly to credit!)

I am going to put all warnings at the front of this book, and not specify them in-chapter so as to preserve the book's flow. Most of these are only mentioned in passing, but if there is anything on this list that only seeing once would be too much, please read no further.

There will be use of strong and vulgar language, homophobia and transphobia, homophobic language/slurs, internalized homophobia, mentions of abuse, implications of abuse, past abuse, smoking, alcohol use, violence (assassination and murder), characters in danger, major character death, allusions to events and wars surrounding WW2 and the Cold War (including mentions of Nazis, but not the Third Reich as a character), anti-communist language and anti-communist themes, slurs in reference to Mexicans and Americans and Russians, use of generic accents or indicator words that can be interpreted as stereotyping the characters who use them, delusions and/or irrational fears and a lack of coping with them, disrespect of characters who may not be neurotypical, fears not being taken seriously, maybe a slight implication of an eating disorder? etc.

If anyone finds something in the book that they would like me to add to this list, I will. I want to be more diligent with trigger warnings in my books.

There will be no smut or NSFW content in the main book, however, I might write an optional deleted scene or turn the responsibility over to my readers to write that portion. I will decide at a later date.

The image above was the original temporary cover made by Otto as well! He's such a good artist

The current cover was made by rustypetals ! Another excellent author and artist. Check out the content over there! The new cover is so cool, I can only imagine how much time and stress Mango went through, but the end result is gorgeous.

Thank you, and please enjoy A Hitman's Miss.