4

Couple of weeks later - Saturday
"My crew and I are leaving to investigate the Paramount Hotel today" my dad said as I was watching TV, "can you take care of yourself while I'm gone?"

"Dad, I'm not a little girl anymore. I can take care of myself" I said rolling my eyes.

He smiled, "I know."

"If you are so worried about me, why don't I just come with?"

"Not going to happen."

"Awww, but why?"

"Because it's to dangerous." He said, as there was a knock at the door. He went to open it, "oh, hi Aaron." I look over at the door and see Aaron Goodwin standing there.

"Hi, Zak" Aaron said, he noticed me, "um, Zak. Who is that girl?"

"Oh" dad said, turning to me, "Roxy! Come over here and meet my friend Aaron!" I get up and walk over to them. "Aaron, this is my daughter, Roxy. Roxy, this is Aaron Goodwin, one of the investigators in my crew."

"Wait, Roxy? When that spirit mimicked a little girls voice that said "daddy" you called her Roxy, than you said baby."

"Yeah, the spirit was mimicking my daughter's voice when she was a little girl."

"You said it was nothing when we asked you about it. Why, didn't you tell us you had a daughter? We didn't know you're married."

"I'm not. My ex-wife divorced me because she said I was putting both her and our daughter's life in danger."

"I was three when they divorced and my mom and I moved to Florida. I wasn't allowed to talk or see my father" I said.

"Oh, but you are now?" Aaron asked.

"Well, after my mom died. I had no other family members on her side to live with, so I'm living with my father."

"I'm sorry."

"Thanks."

"Well, Zak. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep" Zak said.

"Can I please come?" I said, "I've always wanted to go on an investigation with you dad."

"I told you before, it's dangerous."

"Oh, come on dad! In truth, I love danger. Please!"

"Hey, Roxy. Do you believe in the paranormal?" Aaron asked.

"Um, yes. I believe ghosts exist, just like my dad."

"Come on, Zak. Why can't she come?"

Dad sighed, "don't you have school?"

"No. I'm on break all week."

"Ok, you can come."

"Yay!" I said.

"But, be careful and during the whole investigation, you are staying with me."

"Ok" I said, "let me just go change and pack." I went into my room and got changed and packed, than I came back out with my suitcase. "Ok, I'm ready to go."

"Ok, I'm going to call my mom to dog sit Gracie" my dad said as he pulled out his phone and went down the hall.

"Help me put the suitcases in the back, Roxy?" Aaron asked smiling.

"Sure, Aaron" I said smiling and we went to put the suitcases in the car.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"So, you know who I am?"

"Yeah, I've watched Ghost Adventures since I was eight and I've always wanted to meet you and the rest of my dad's crew."

"Well, you are pretty cool. I'm glad I met you."

"Yep" I said, dad came out.

"Alright, my mom is going to come by to watch Gracie. Ready to go?"

"Yep!" I said excited.

"Ok, let's go," he said. We got into the car and left.