𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖞

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖞 (𝖓) 𝖆 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖞 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖊 𝖔𝖗 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊

Dear Diary,

I have no idea what to do. I'm writing this quick and mainly to keep track of the days he's in and out of consciousness. I have no idea if he's going to live or not, the supplies we had in the beginning were already low and if he gets an infection, he'll die for sure.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Winter is up late the next morning and when she finally settles awake her head is pounding, and she feels as though she could puke. Then she runs out of the cave and does so in a bush off to the side.

Tears reach her eyes and she sits back onto her legs and breathes in and out until she is breathing evenly. Then it settles in and she gasps loudly

Running back into the cave she sighs when she sees Duran, but her heart doesn't settle. Dropping to her knees not so gracefully, she checks his pulse once more and he's beating better than the day beforehand.

She closes her hands together and leans her forehead against her knuckles, "Thank you God, thank you."

Pushing past the emptiness of her stomach and the ache in her knees she goes to check his wounds. They are no where near perfect and should be cleaned out again.

Witz comes over, her bag in his mouth, "Thank you."

The horse nuzzles her face, taking some tears off of her face in the process and smells his owner, "He'll be okay."

It seems to please the large creature and he wades back over to the stream to take a drink. Sorting through her bag she smiles when she sees some more supplies she didn't know she was carrying.

"Okay, please don't wake up." Her touch in gentle as she moves the pant leg up a little to check the wound out.

It's disgusting, but it could be worse. Her hand goes and clutches the whiskey and she ends up mixing it with some water. She'll have more of it down the road, but it's not as highly effective. A risk she's willing to make.

Ripping yet another piece of her dress off she puts the liquid onto the cloth piece. Ringing the extra back into the bottle, she starts cleaning. He doesn't wake, but she doesn't expect him too.

It's easier when he's passed out, less screaming for her to cringe too. Managing her way around the uneasy stitching she makes it look better than it had been.

There is a lot of blood on the floor beneath him but it's crusty now, like the blood on his wounds once was. Thankfully he was no longer bleeding, or if he as it wasn't a lot.

Sitting back on the floor she sighs, and hears Witz from behind her move around, his hooves hitting the rocks around them. Heading over to the stream she sticks her hands into it and cleans the bloody piece of cloth out before ringing it and heading back to her sleeping companion.

It was time, and she moved his shirt, well what remained, out of the way. The side stab was the worse of the two injuries. The blood had soaked onto the floor and it was bleeding once again.