A Glimmer of Light

Jungkook POV

The next day had been somber, with Y/n isolating herself even more. Seeing her so withdrawn was heartbreaking. Jimin's insights about her pain and the facade she maintained to appear strong were eye-opening. I realized that her struggles were deeper than I had initially understood.

Act of Kindness

I approached Jimin for some money, explaining I wanted to do something special for Y/n. He was supportive, though curious about my intentions. With his help, I bought chocolates and flowers, hoping it would bring some comfort to her.

Surprise for Y/n

Later that night, I knocked on Y/n's door, hoping to brighten her mood.

Jungkook: "Y/n, do you trust me?"

Y/n: "Why?!"

Jungkook: "Please answer me."

Y/n: "What if I say no?"

Jungkook: "Okay. But can you trust me for once and wear this blindfold?"

Y/n: "Why? What if you stab me or kill me?"

Jungkook: "Argh! I promise I won't."

Y/n: "Okay."

I led her to the surprise location, her curiosity piqued. When I removed her blindfold, her reaction was worth every effort. The sight of chocolates and flowers brought tears to her eyes. It was a simple gesture, but it meant the world to her.

Emotional Moment

Jungkook: "Hey, didn’t you like it?"

Y/n: "No one ever did something like this for me before."

I was touched by her emotional response. Her happiness, though fleeting, was a reminder of the joy that could still be found amidst her pain.

Jungkook: "Shhh, don’t worry. Everything will be fine. Hmm?"

Y/n: "How can you be so sure?"

Jungkook: "Everything changes with time. You’ll get everything you deserve in your life."

I handed her a box of her favorite chocolates, hoping it would provide some comfort.

Y/n: "OMG! These are my favorite chocolates. How did you know?"

Jungkook: "These are my favorites too, so I thought you might like them."

Her delight in discovering the chocolates and her playful teasing was a welcome change from her earlier somber mood. It felt good to see her smile.

After the Surprise

Jungkook: "Y/n, let’s get you something to eat."

Y/n: "No, I don’t want to eat. I’m full."

Jungkook: "Okay. Let’s get you to your room."

As we headed to her room, Y/n insisted on making sure I ate as well.

Y/n: "Did you have your dinner?"

Jungkook: "No, I’ll have it later. I’m not hungry right now."

Y/n: "No, you have to eat your dinner right now. Mrs. Lee!"

Mrs. Lee quickly brought my dinner, and we both settled in Y/n’s room.

Y/n: "Eat."

Jungkook: "Are you bipolar?"

Y/n: "No, why?"

Jungkook: "For a moment you become like a kid, and the next moment you’re this ruthless mafia. What’s up with that?"

Y/n: "Oh, my Kookie is confused, right?"

Her laugh at my comment was a rare and beautiful sound. It was clear that beneath the tough exterior, there was still a vulnerable side yearning for connection.

A New Request

As I finished my dinner and prepared to leave, Y/n made a request that surprised me.

Y/n: "Jungkook, can you umm sleep, umm tonight here, umm with me? Please?"

Her request was unexpected but heartfelt. I agreed, seeing it as a chance to offer her some much-needed comfort.

Jungkook: "Okay, wait. I’ll change and come."

Y/n: "Sure."

Reflection

As I changed and prepared to spend the night with Y/n, I reflected on the day’s events. Her struggle, despite the act of kindness, reminded me of the depth of her pain. Yet, even in the midst of her darkness, there were moments of light—like the surprise and our shared laughter. I hoped that, in some small way, my presence could offer her a sense of solace and companionship as she navigated her turbulent emotions.