Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Austin's POV

My alarm woke me up and I jumped into the shower. I put my clothes on and made my way downstairs. I had to meet up with Umaira for our project today, we both decided to a coffee shop. But I've decided to take her to one of my favorite place.

"Hey, mom I'm going out to meet a friend", before I entered the kitchen I heard my mom talking to someone but I couldn't tell who it was. That voice sounded very familiar. When I saw who it was, my jaw literally dropped.

"What's he doing here?" I was both shocked and angry because that person was none other than my dad. What on earth is he doing here?

"Son, please let me explain", he answered.

"How dare you call me that, after what you did to us, you left us for good 8 years and this is the time you decide to show up?". I took a few steps forward until I was standing right in front of him.

"You left mom alone, she's here suffering from lung cancer while you're out there sleeping with sluts, go back to where you came from and never come back". I could see pain and regret in my dad's eyes, I kinda felt bad but I didn't want him to see through me. It also hurts a lot, my mom had cancer and was always coughing up blood. I just can't take it anymore.

I quickly took my bag from sofa and left the house slamming the door behind me.

I decided to drive around the city to clean my head before going to meet up with Umaira.

About a couple of minutes, I spotted my friends and Jessica(my girlfriend) close to a mall. So l parked my car and made my way to them. I really want to forget everything that happened today. I gave all my buddies a handshake except for Jessica. I leaned in a kissed her and she kissed me back.

"Hey babe, you wanna hang out with us?" She asked as she picked up my hand.

"I'd love to but I've gotta meet up with Umaira".

"It seems to me that you're spending more time with that Mozlem than with me". She says in disgust.

I really didn't understand why she was jealous, she's been saying the same thing since last week and it really pisses me off and I swear if she doesn't stop it with the attitude we're gonna go our separate ways. Umaira is just a partner and nothing more. Right???

"Jess it's not Mozlem, it's Muslim and no, I'm just with her because of the project, but we'll spend more time together, okay". She nodded and I kissed her forehead.

"Anyways, I'll catch you guys later", and with that I ran back to my car.

Next stop: Umaira's house.

I rang the doorbell twice and it opened by Umaira. She was wearing an off white maxi dress with a flowery headscarf. I kinda wanted her to take off her hijab to see how beautiful her hair was.

But to be honest she looked beautiful. She looked like an angel in the outfit.

What!!!!! Come on snap out of it, she's just a partner for a project and plus you've got a girlfriend. Don't even think about falling for her.

"Hey, so are you ready to go?", she said smiling at me.

"Ummm... yeah", geez what is wrong with me. Why am I asking like an idiot?

We got into my car and I asked her, "Anywhere in particular you wanna go?"

"Not really", she replied looking at her phone for the time.