Ch. 6: A Rebellious Attack

With permission, Polnereff and Jotaro follow me inside my home and I sit mom down on the couch beside me with a simple pat of the cushion when I drop my bag at the end of the couch, dad then arrives after being summoned by mom like an angry cave monster. I wonder where Eli is and dad says that Eli's currently in the shower while his own dad is out. Polnereff and Jotaro decide to stay standing at the entrance of the living room with regal hands held behind their backs.

        Mom looks at me and the two boys nervously, and dad is a bit more tense when he glares rudely at Polnereff and Jotaro, "what's this about?" Mom asks me with concern, and I need to ease up a bit. 

        I need to ease, so that when I slice into myself, I can gain something my parents could never give me, truth. "Mom, dad," I say and I swallow and squeeze my hands, "I'm going to be gone for a long time, an-"

        "Over my dead body! Y/n!" Dad yells and I flinch against my will as mom holds my sweating hands, "you know you're not allowed out!" He yells and I'm reminded of that vintage children's movie with a girl of gold hair whose trapped within the tower of her mother.

        My eyes start to get blurry and I wish this to be over with, "I can't stay here anymore da-!" I borderline shout with shaky limbs, but I can't finish my words when he yells over me.

        Dad stands, "What's this about! Why do you want to run away-!"

        "I'm not running away! I've never said that!" I say and I want to stay strong, "I'm tired of hiding-"

        "We're protecting you!" Dad shouts at me.

         Desperately, I look to mom for her support, but the look she gives me makes me feel like a psychopath being consulted, "sweet heart," she starts, her voice is so sweet it corrodes my heart like it's a tooth becoming a cavity, "we just want you to be safe," she says. 

        I don't want to cry or shake or be vulnerable, but I am, I'm decaying and dying and wanting my parents to support me, my cause, my dream to live for once rather than just surviving, but now, I don't think I can change their minds. I slide my hands out of my mom's hands and immediately I miss the comfort, "I will be safe," I say to mom and I swallow my tears, but where the tears go is directly to my heart that feels heavy like a water balloon being filled. 

         I clench a lonely fist by my side when I stand, I can't call this my home anymore, "I know you love me, but please, I need to do this, and I will whether or not you want me to," I say eased, but nothing about me is eased. Everything hurts and it's too much for me, but I refuse to succumb to this purposeless life of hiding and surviving and being blind. 

        Dad scoffs and he's as red as the blood vessel about to pop in his neck, "where is this rebellion come from!" He shouts.

        "This rebellion, comes from you!" I shout in his face mirroring is voracity, "I'm tired of being oblivious to this guillotine of a world waiting for the chance to kill me," I yell. "I can't stand being this sheltered!" 

        "Guys?" My head snaps to my sister, tall and confused with the scene before her, "what's happening?"

        "Lea," I say her name before she looks at me, "did you know the world is trying to kill us-"

        "Do not bring your sister into this!" Dad shouts and Lea looks taken aback.

        "Why? You scared she'll rebel too?" I ask and Jotaro and Polnereff awkwardly stand there. "When were you both going to tell me this anyway?" I ask looking to mom and dad.