prologue

dated back 10 years ago

I was playing hide n' go seek with a couple of neighborhood kids when the name-calling was about to start happening. since I'm on the bigger side as I was playing she would find me easier even when I try really hard to hide. I was on this team with these kids and I followed one of her since I couldn't find a spot. as he went to his spot he heard me coming and tried to shoo me away. I didn't understand what he was doing so I just continued running to his spot. " find your own spot weirdo" was what he said. "I just couldn't find a hiding spot I'm sorry," I said. as we were bickering the seeker found us and that did not make him happy. " ugh it's all that fatsos fault if he didn't just find his own spot I could have won" he said. I was used to being called slurs like that so I just stayed quiet and listened to what she called me. " ugh why does he always go on my team like all he is dead weight" he said. I tried my best trying to hold in my tears as something happened that didn't use to happen. he pushed me down and started kicking me calling me a fatso, fat ass, ugly, and other hurtful names. I just curled up in a ball as I just let the abuse happen until someone came to my rescue. suddenly the kicking and name-calling stop as I open my eyes to seeing the boy getting beat up. as I looked to who it was a saw a beautiful dark skin girl with long curly red hair and beautiful hazel eyes I have never seen anything so beautiful. she was hitting him until he finally apologized to me. I couldn't help but be surprised because no one other than my best friend Shikamaru ever defends me but he's out of town. she was about to walk away when I finally said something " u-uh thank you f-for defending me" I said with my head down. she looked at me and started smiling about to start laughing. I looked up at her in surprise and she just said this one thing that stuck with me. " it's not your fault, I just like to help others that I find interesting". she then ran away and I was stuck there frozen in place blushing. I instantly scolded myself " shoot I never got her name"

A/N 

this is the first chapter of this novel I hope you like it!! it's my first one and I decided to give karui curly hair I hope that's cool with everyone!!