chapter 3

"ITS YOU!"

they both screamed at each other. " y-your the one who stood up to those bullies when we were younger right" Choji said flustered. " yeah that was me" Karui said scratching the back of her head while smiling awkwardly. as they were studded they heard footsteps when it turned out to be Shikamaru. " choji what are you do-" he stopped when he saw someone he recognized. " Karui? is that you?" he asked surprised. Karui made eye contact with him and opened her eyes widely " Shikamaru? " she said as Choji looked at the two confused. suddenly Karui ran over to Shikamaru and smacked him on the back " hey buddy long time no see" she said with a smile on her face. " Shikamaru eyes shot open in both surprise and pain from the slap of the back Karui gave him. " yeah long time no see," he said rolling his eyes making Choji curious. " yall know each other?" he asked surprised as Karui looked back at him trying not the blush again. " y-yeah he and I used to go to the same summer camp when we were younger" she states as Choji nodded her head. suddenly someone walked up to time rubbing the back of her head as she just woke up. Shikamaru's eyes landed on her and never wanted for her to leave his sight. he blinked rapidly as she came up as if she didn't notice them. " Karui can we just get everything the couch is uncomfortable and the bed has no sheets yet" she said tiredly. " yeah yeah ok" as Temari realized there were people around her she looked around her and her eyes landing on a brown-haired man with a ponytail who had brown eyes and couldn't help but blush. Karui looked at her friend confusedly until she found out what's happening. she put a hand on her shoulder and started to introduce the two. " Temari this is Shikamaru and Shikamaru this is Temari," Karui said smearing never seeing her best friend ever blush for anyone. " h-hello T-temari" Shikamaru said studdering looking at the blond. eventually, Choji started to pick up on what was happening since he has never seen his best friend do this either. Temari introduced herself after getting her composer back together in her assertive voice. " hello I am Shikamaru it is a pleasure to meet you she said sticking out her hand" Karui mentality face palmed herself hearing her best friend but Shikamaru shook her hand anyway. suddenly Choji decided since it was getting late they probably would go out to eat and an idea popped in his head. " hey since we are all new here and don't know anyone why don't we all go out to get something to eat since I bet we all don't have dinner planned out". they all looked at him as Karui was happy to hear that since she wanted to see more of Shikamaru and Temari but she also was interested in what Choji was like." I think that's a great idea how about yall" she said looking at Temari and Shikamaru they both shook their heads as they scheduled a time to all meet up at since they still had to unpack. as they finished they all said they would meet in an hour back at the place they were in as they all started to walk off.