Chapter 1

It was a cold, rainy night. The streets were dark and deserted. The wind blew through my long brown hair, making it stick to my face from the rain.

My jeans stuck to my legs like glue. My jacket was soaked as was my shirt, which stuck to my chest. The ominous moon lit up the streets. Everything was dark, I felt so alone.

All of a sudden I heard footsteps behind me, I turned around to see but nothing was there. My heart pounded. I looked around then a shadow appeared down one of the alleys. I hesitated for a second then started to walk towards it.

My converse made squeaky noises on the pavement. A couple dumpsters were against the walls, a nauseating stench filled my nose. I could barely see anything but the moon lighting up a figure. The figure never moved then something nudged my leg. I froze immediately then peered down at a little black kitten who was staring at me. I smiled and bended down the pet it then the figure moved.

I looked up to see a pair of red eyes staring at me, I couldn't see it's face. All of a sudden an arm snagged me by the waist, my heart pounded. A low growl froze me, something sharp slid into my neck hard. My throat started to burn, I couldn't breath. I screamed then a hand flew to my mouth, making it harder to breath, drowning my screams. Everything started to blur around the edges, my knees grew weaker. The figure held me in it's arms tightly as I started to fade into the dark. I passed out as lips touched my mouth.

The picture is of Luna. I chose Photograph by 12 stones as the song.