number fifteen

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐋𝐘 1:47 AM, now in kay's bedroom and all of the girls were still up.

"tell me about your music im dying to know" kay said

"ugh why" nessa said with fake annoyance

"literally" lillia said truthfully.

"because" kay said dragging out the 'e' trying to figure out why. "i wanna get to know my new friend"

kay's eyes glanced at nessa, who was looking at her nails. "so tell us"

"fine" nessa says, giving in. "but i'm only gonna mention the good ones"

"they're all good, im sure you're very talented,"kay spoke earnestly.

"you're sweet but im nowhere near as good as you are." nessa said.

there was a soft silence for a minute.

"ive only put out an ep 'pretty poison' and a few singles. my favorite is 'if u love me'," nessa said shyly. she wasn't sure why someone so interesting could even dare to be interested in her. she felt like something was wrong. she must bolt.

"i really loved your ep, its all we listened to for like a month" kali spoke up

"i write nonstop, its all i do its like a comfort mechanism" nessa said.

"for me too, its my outlet to get things out that i tend to bottle up." kay smiled at the black-haired girl.

the two of them felt a slight pang in the chest, like everything had aligned and felt.. right.

"especially your relationship with your psycho ex, right?" lilla giggled. she knew it would get to kay. seeing as that was such a heavy topic.

she laughed at her joke, while lucy and kali looked at her with an "are you serious" face, kay didn't look at all she stared at her nfr vinyl hanging up, pretending to be interested. nessa was confused at why the two started at her like that.

"what" lillia said confused

"dude that's not even funny he cheated on her like five times." kali said

"and we weren't even talking about him." lucy added

lillia looked to kay and saw her staring at the wall "sorry" she went back to her phone

"let's change the subject" nessa said seeing kay look visibly uncomfortable.

it hurt her and the comment wasn't even directed at her. it felt like a twin flame. every emotion kay felt, so did nessa.

"yes tell me about whats next" kay said, fast

"um.." nessa hesitated. "ive been writing for my debut album which i still haven't named quite yet.." nessa began but lillia tuned out, texting mia, who was now taking full control over their plan. while the others listened to nessa, intently.

she finished talking about her debut album and she says "kay tell me something about you that the press doesn't know"

kay begins to think about it "okay, so i was mainly raised by my mom, katarina because when i was about 8 my mom decided my father  was extremely unfit to parent since he was never home and other things."

she starts to tear up thinking about the memory of her father, who she hasn't seen in almost 10 years

kay has a few tears fall from her face, and all of her friends begin to tear up at the story, except lillia.

"then when i was 14 or 15 my mom married my other mom, marcy." kay wiped her tears and began smiling at the memory of the gorgeous wedding her moms had.

"i don't really wanna get into details about relationships but i dated a guy named brandon, we're still friends and he's gay now. and i had a pretty toxic ex named jonah who i haven't spoken to since the break up."

"but now im okay-ish, making music, which is a dream come true" kay says concluding her life story

wiping the few tears she had kali announced "wow, it's been like two hours, we should go to bed"

everyone agreed and they did so.

𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐬 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐒

lillia
i think i made kay upset

mia
god, what did you do
you can't fuck this up for me
and you of course

lillia
i brought up jonah

mia
can you do anything right?
don't say anything for the night
and we'll talk tomorrow, okay?

lillia
okay

h's house 🏡
dare i say i have been putting off re-writing this one..
it was gen such a MESS
i might pick this back up but hit me hard and soft is insane im sobbing