Tomato - George

Pronouns: Any

----------------------------------------------------------------

George was colorblind. That's all there was to it. It was mostly to reds and greens. And he hated it sometimes.

It was a Friday afternoon, when George got out his lunch. He sat down to eat at a table he usually didn't sit at because his table was full. But he wasn't completely upset about it, for the table he sat at, had a cute person. He didn't know your name, and he wasn't entirely sure that he was even your type, but he got a chance to be near you. And so he took it.

He sat down and opened his lunchbox. You looked at him strangely, like you hadn't seen a tomato before. He looked at you strangely back and shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed the tomato and took a big bite out of it. You gasped a tiny bit and he had to admit, it was cute. Then all of a sudden, you whispered, "hardcore."

He looked at you as he took another bite. "What do you mean, hardcore?" "You're literally eating a green tomato." His eyes widened as he looked down at the tomato. "I.. am?" You nodded, obviously confused. "Oh shit.." He set the tomato down and stared at it. "Am I.. missing something?" You asked. "Oh yeah, umm.. I'm colorblind.." You looked at him and laughed. "You're colorblind and you ate a green tomato-" You wheezed.

He looked at you admiringly, taking in all your features. "Uh huh.." He absentmindedly said. You looked at him and smiled, taking a mental note of his smile back and his flushed cheeks. You giggled, "Y/n!" "What?" "My name's y/n!" "George!" He smiled. George, that's a cute name, you thought. You held out your hand. "Well nice to meet you George!" He smiled again.

"Nice to meet you too N/n!" "N/n?" "Oh.. You don't like it? I'm sorry- That's a habit.. I usually give people nicknames.. If you don't like it, I can call you by your name.." "No no, it's okay! I like it!" You gave a smile and he giggled. "Okay then n/n!" You gave him a sandwich. "You can eat this, I ate a big breakfast anyways." He smiled and accepted it. "Thank you so much-"

"I'll eat this then." And you grabbed the tomato. He snorted. "Go ahead." You took a bite and immediately spit it out in a napkin. "Yeah, no thank you.." You set it aside. He laughed and sighed. You laughed with him and you two soon became the best of friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-416 words