Serpentine

Jaemin's POV

"Thanks a lot for your help hyung"

"Don't mention it. I'm just glad that Jeno saved you in time. We were all worried sick about you"

Sicheng frowned, organizing his potions.

He gave Yukhei his attention next to work on repairing his horns, having already healed Taeyong and Kun. 

"Jaemin, we have something for you"

"We brought you some new clothes~. I hope that you'll find them comfortable~"

Doyoung and Jungwoo personally handed me brand new clothes for me to wear!

It's a good thing too, since those Orcs completely destroyed my old ones.. I immediately tried them on without hesitation, and they felt absolutely perfect~.

"I love them~. Thank you so much~"

"Don't mention it..~"

"They look really nice on you~~"

They both looked very happy that I loved the clothes.

"They really do suit you Nana"

Jeno smiled as I seated myself in his lap.

He hasn't left my side since we made it to the safe zone. He's always cared for me and loved me, but I'm only just now realizing how real his love is.

I used to think his love was out of pity to satisfy my sin of Lust. But when he saved me, the love in his eyes didn't have a hint of lust in them. I was just pure, wholesome love, for me. It always has been.

I only wish that I could've realized that sooner..

"Thank you Jeno~"

I smiled and kissed his cheek once more.

"I hope that Taeil and Yuta are doing alright. What if they're struggling up there..?"

Taeyong suddenly began to worry.

"Hey wait a minute. What do you mean hyung??"

"Since Jeno had to save you, Taeil and Yuta went to fight one of Wonho's ghouls in your place"

"Which one are they fighting??"

Taeyong took a moment to ask them telepathically, and soon had an answer.

"They said his name is Lee Minhyuk"

"Minhyuk?!"

I shrieked.

Minhyuk was the second strongest ghoul out the six of them when I faced them before, the strongest being one called Shownu.

"I have to go help them! There's no way that they'll be able to defeat Minhyuk without help from a prince!"

"Oh no you don't. You've been hurt enough Jaemin. You need to take this time to rest"

Johnny ordered.

"Hyung please! I'm fine, I swear! They're going to die if I don't help them!"

"Jaemin, please be rational. You should stay put after what you've been through. Let Jeno go in your place. Are you alright with that Jeno?"

"Me?? Sure, I'll go..."

He complied, already changing into his Oni form and summoning his wings to fly off.